How did everyone go in their proposal? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
um, basically what the title says : )

have you gotten yours back yet? what were your marks like? did your teacher say anything that's changed your whole outlook on what you're doing?

I got mine back today, and was pleased with the mark (10/10, yay! :)), but my teacher made some suggestions which is possibly going to change the whole direction of my work...

super katie

BEHOLD!
HSC
I havent got mine back yet... the other class have though. I think they've forgotten about us becuase theres only two in my class where theres about ten in the other class.

aud

HSC
I got 20/30 - not happy with it...

This isn't meant to be an excuse - but none of us got really high marks because of the way our teacher presented it to us - it was meant to be this casual talk in front of friends...

My teacher is the sweetest, but she's never taught EE2 before, and the only teacher that has ever taught EE2 and had a critical response in the class left at the end of last year... *sighs* She really doesn't know what she's doing...

Then I found this forum and everyone's panicking over Proposals and I'm like... grr... we all didn't take it as seriously as we should have... will try harder in Viva Voce...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
honestly, if you really feel the teacher didn't emphasise the seriousness of it enough (that it was an official assessment), go to the head of english and say something. whether she's a sweet woman or not is irrelevant, the fact of the matter is that these are your HSC marks, and you deserve to be able to achieve to your full potential.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, our teacher hasn't made it as blatantly clear as other teachers that the internal marks count at all... he's just told us "oh yeah, we're marking the process..." that's it! Bloody ambiguous if you ask me.

At least I'll actually do something for the viva-voche...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
INTERNALS COUNT>>>SO DO EXTERNAL>>>EVERYTHING YOU DO IN YEAR TWELVE WILL AFFECT YOUR END RESULT!!!

</seriousness>

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yes, I know this NOW.

I can still recover from a 8/10... I know a lot of people went worse so yeah, it's cool...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
8/10 is a B, which definitely isn't bad. i was expecting about a 6, but the least i would've been truly happy with was an 8.

i guess that's the lesson. i worked my ass off, i got the results - now to do that for two years : )

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
lol

I got 47/50 which I was absolutely ecstatic about. We have 6 girls and 3 guys in our class, and all the girls did terribly, but the guys did so well. Mine was the highest, which makes my head expand so much!

Our teachers have made EVERYTHING so clear to us (oh, except for drama) that they have all scared the hell out of me.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hehe, i love coming top. i have to admit i got kinda pissed off when i found out two other people got 10 also...it kinda cheapens the whole 'ooh! full marks, i must've come first!' thing : )

olay

HSC
O_O jesuit. well i was one of the ?lucky? ones that reaped a good ext II mark for the proposal.....but Ziff i think ppl from my school would be bloody pleased with an 8/10.... theres about ?15? of us doing ext II and apparently only 3 of us got 8 & above. [btw, i got 9]. average was around 6/10.

mayhemily

HSC
wellll I haven't even finished it yet!! I still have the final final part which is due on monday "what are your artistic or literary influences?" 10 marks. ARGGGHHH I have about 10 words so far! and its due on monday! and we're going out tmorrow! ARRRGGGHH.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
i got 8.5/10. wasnt too happy but it doesnt matter coz im starting all over again and writing a brand new proposal...if it seems like too much work and i fall back in the habit of hating it again then ill just drop it

Lady_Disdain

HSC
Proposal

I got 20/20 (but she thought it was too long so she put it down to 18). My teacher told me however it was 20/20 quality. either way, I came first

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i wrote min ein class while others were doing their presentations and then went at the end

i don;t think it was that bigger deal.

olay

HSC
Originally posted by Sarah168
i got 8.5/10. wasnt too happy but it doesnt matter coz im starting all over again and writing a brand new proposal...if it seems like too much work and i fall back in the habit of hating it again then ill just drop it
so....if you change your idea you have to write a new proposal altogether???? does that mean you get a new mark for your proposal????

flyhigh

i got 15/20 :mad: dont know what happened, it took me ages to do and i put alot of effort into it... The highest in my class was 19.5/20, second 16/20 and even though i came 3rd i think the reason im upset with the mark is that i thought i could have done better. Btw the average for my class was around 11.5/20, with 22 people in the class =)

Red Lady

I got 8/10 and i can see what i needed to improve but it was a bit disappointing when most of the class got higher than me. I guess that ill just have to kick them in the second assessment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)