Votes: 79 16.6%

• Total voters

adambra

HSC
l-mercedes-l said:
x^3 - 27

= x^3 - 3^3

=(x-3)(x^2-3x-9)

Does anyone who dosent do 3u or any of that stuff think they went ok?

I dont want to think about it anymore... i think ill go study for 3u English and stick to what it no, leave the maths for the experts
Isn't it (x-3)(x^2+3x-9) ?
Thought it was +ab?
If I got this wrong... omfg

Study Slug

HSC
Wasn't too bad for my money, but the later questions were certainly difficult, especially 9 & 10.

Out of curiosity, how many people used more than 1 book for Q3? I was suprised at how many people used more than one for such an early Q, myself included.

o0_jolie_0o

HSC
adambra said:
Thought it was +ab?

yeh it is +ab

x^3 - 27

= (x-3)(x^2 + 3x + 9)

if you expanded it out you'll get x^3 + 3x^2 + 9x - 3x^2 - 9x - 27
= x^3 - 27

C

Crazy Pomo

Death

l-mercedes-l said:
x^3 - 27

= x^3 - 3^3

=(x-3)(x^2-3x-9)

Does anyone who dosent do 3u or any of that stuff think they went ok?

I dont want to think about it anymore... i think ill go study for 3u English and stick to what it no, leave the maths for the experts
I found that hard. I am rank 8th for Mathematics and sitting on about 80ish i think. It was fucking hard actually. MOTHER FUCKER. Everyone I spoke to and not just the hardcore Maths 1337's on this forum said it was hard. The ext kids said it was hard. If I know the quality of the school I go to and the area at large...then most kids will really shank that exam. Ahh. Fuck... Same here dude I'm just going to ace ext 1 and the rest of my exams, fuck maths (when its hard).

mrghattas

HSC
adambra said:
Thought it was +ab?

(x-3)(x^2+3x+9) thats the answer... i got that wrong in the exam hehe

allye02

I do 2 unit only, and didn't think it was that bad.
Question 8,9,10 i attempted and got a few i think. Apart from the few hard questions, i didn't think it was that bad. Although, usually when i think it is good, i do bad, so *fingers crossed*.

instantGRAVY

HSC
N/A
i found it pretty good... thought id be at q10 and be like "WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!"

rama_v

HSC
I thought the test was on the whole excellent
It was challenging but I thikn I went really well, hopefully 115/120 is what I estimate my mark to be
Some of the questions were REALLY clever, and it really helped for the ppl who do 3 unit especially for question 10(a)

adambra

HSC
rama_v said:
It was challenging but I thikn I went really well, hopefully 115/120 is what I estimate my mark to be
Some of the questions were REALLY clever, and it really helped for the ppl who do 3 unit especially for question 10(a)
Why should it help them? They have their own exam to show their superiority...

LiL LiZ

HSC
got through it alright till question 9, i thought 9 & 10 were heaps hard and ran out of time to do them but hopefully ill still go ok
definitely not looking forward to 3u

clintmo

it definately helps to know 3unit, and as for us 3uniters, it will be the same in our test, the extension 2'ers will have an advantage over us, maths builds on top of itself, higher maths helps lower maths, its a fact.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Study Slug said:
Wasn't too bad for my money, but the later questions were certainly difficult, especially 9 & 10.

Out of curiosity, how many people used more than 1 book for Q3? I was suprised at how many people used more than one for such an early Q, myself included.
Yeh I used 2 for question 3, I used 16 all up!!!...

Difficulty, I'd say it wasnt very different to past yrs, but thats without taking into consideration the time limit...

Lengthwise... it was very long, I knew i could do question 10 (first 7 marks)...But i ran out of time, as for the other 5 marks, i didnt even read the question!

I think i did pritty good in question 9 probably lose 1 or 2 marks max...

It was more like leaving 3 marks from here, 2 marks from there, that kind of stuffed me up, some questions I think needed to have a little more weighting...(which as a result means less sub-questions)

I can say good bye to a band 6... i most certainly won't get a RAW mark above 100..

this is the first exam where i dont finish the 1st 6 questions in 1 hour,
Q(1-5): 1 hour
Q(6-8):~1 hour
Q(9-10): I had 1 hour, but i spent the time i had for question 10 on questions I left out earlier in the exam...

Oh well, no point in crying over spilt milk!

Touchstone

HSC
Didn't think it was too bad. Question 9 and 10 were hard, as expected, but if you gave yourself enough time to do them you may have been able to get a few marks here and there at least. I went pretty well, borderline Band 5/6. Hoping to get around 95-100/120. Did first 3 questions in about half an hour, then took too long for Q4-Q8... nearly 2 hours... But other than that it was OK. Time for some 3U now.

-Swifty-

B.Sc B.A usyd
HSC
go find my other posts im not repeating.

in essance.. easy

btw thats a big gap between 75 and 90....

i aim for 85

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
adambra said:
Thought it was +ab?
if you guys were unsure about this question, why didnt you expand it to check?

rama_v said:
yeah i thought about using parametrics. and for part iii) i tried to prove gradient of AP x gradient of BP was -1 but ran out of time. why oh why didn't i think to use perpendicular distnace formula!?!?!?!

Last edited:

console

maths

All in all it wasnt too bad....up to question 9a it was alright. The only thing i could do in question 10, was perhaps proving AB in ii)..... as for the rest i jus wrote wateva i could fink of in de last 5 mins :p

maybe 65+

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)