How Did Everyone Go ????? (1 Viewer)

hsvd_g

Grease Monkey
HSC
what was the go with the question of what are barriers to using protecxtive equipment????

With the Health priorities question ( i cant memba wot number it was) but i rang the HSC advice line and da guy said that i had to know 4 priority areas out of the 6.. did any1 else do that??

Last edited:

jessied

HSC
Without Wings said:
I have not seen the actual exam paper, but have heard a lot of the questions and they all seem fair to me - straight from the syllabus.

I understand it may be upsetting for people to not have studied particular areas within the exam in much detail (or at all), but if it was in the syllabus, as it all appears to be, then it is quite fair - everyone knew that anything in the syllabus could be asked.

The questions are often quite specific, focusing on small dot points.

Just try to put this exam behind you and focus on the next one, I'm sure you all were able to answer everything and use your knowledge to compose appropriate answers even if you did not study the areas questioned in depth and will do fine.
Amen to that..

I didn't think it was as bad as everyone's making out to be.. So maybe the options were a bit dodgey, but if you loaded your answer with relevant examples and ANSWERED THE QUESTION then I'm sure that you'll be fine.

Pidgeon_Pete

HSC
yeh i think alot of people got confused with the wording of the questions, you just had to find out which syllabus dot points it related to and then use that knowledge. Overall i have to say i think i went ok but i put this to you

WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF HAVING JAKARTA DECLERATION IN THE HSC SYLLABUS.

They have now gone 5 years without asking a question on it. They drill the ottawa charter every year but never once did they ask for a response for jakarta decleration.
Surely asking a mc question cant be counted as covering the syllabus dot point, i thought that over the 5 years that they have to have covered every syllabus dotpoint.. i guess thats wrong.

freaked

HSC
Pidgeon_Pete said:
yeh i think alot of people got confused with the wording of the questions, you just had to find out which syllabus dot points it related to and then use that knowledge. Overall i have to say i think i went ok but i put this to you

WHAT THE HELL WAS THE POINT OF HAVING JAKARTA DECLERATION IN THE HSC SYLLABUS.

They have now gone 5 years without asking a question on it. They drill the ottawa charter every year but never once did they ask for a response for jakarta decleration.
Surely asking a mc question cant be counted as covering the syllabus dot point, i thought that over the 5 years that they have to have covered every syllabus dotpoint.. i guess thats wrong.
Yay, someone who agrees with me.... I made sure I knew the Ottawa Charter and the Jakarta Decleration came up and I just though 'Oh Sh**'

neafoo

HSC
actually they asked a 4 mark question about the jakarta declaration once.

franklin265

HSC
i liked this paper. except for the improving performance option question. that was a load of garbage.

i absolutely loved the question on the individual lifestyle approach and new public health approach. i mentioned everything there was in the syllabus about it like the limiations and just everything........it was a really good question.

mcbec

HSC
Without Wings said:
ohk mcbec has kindly emailed me a copy of the exam paper, so i could have a look at it in depth. I think the exam paper is fine. It's similar to previous papers.

The Multiple choice are great - same sorts of questions as previous papers, the core questions are on topics that everyone should have covered in depth and the options are the same style as previous years, focusing on specific syllabus points.

If you knew your topics well and covered the syllabus in depth you should have blitzed it, otherwise as long as you had a good understanding of your topics, you should have been able to construct decent answers to the questions.
exactly my thoughts on it!!!

tho i did think some of the multiple choice q's were a bit harder than other years..... on last years paper i got 18/20 for MC, but this yr i thinkg i probly only got 14 to 16 or something... disappointing... but other than that it was a fair paper if u knew ur stuff to write about!

firebug

aim2fire said:
the multiple choice and core subject responses were so easy but the option questions were shit.. i had no idea!
I agree they option was hard though im an expect at fluffying up PDH exams...I thing i got about 9/10 out of 15 for b) Sports Med and Improving performance.

mick19

HSC
N/A
Opinion on Pd/H/Pe exam.

No offence, but without wings, you seem to know everything.Just because you know a little too much about the syllabus and post a hell of a lot (like over 4000 times), and have done the HSC last year, no need to slam it down everyone's throat. But good luck to you, I hope you do well at UNI with your knowledge. I agree with everyone the Options (SM and IP) were a bit dodge, although i found the overall exam pretty good, as I'd studied a fair bit. But good luck to everyone with their results, and the HSC isn't the end of life as some people think.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
No offence, but without wings, you seem to know everything
Why would she take offence to knowing everything - isn't that a compliment? :p

Just because you know a little too much about the syllabus and post a hell of a lot (like over 4000 times), and have done the HSC last year, no need to slam it down everyone's throat.
How can you know too much about the syllabus? It is an essential resource that MUST be known, and known in great detail if you wish to have any success in the HSC. As a moderator, and an individual who provides much advice and support on these forums, of course she is going to know it well. If she didnt, her advice and assistance would be of less value.
Slamming it down people's throats? lol.

mick19

HSC
N/A
Without Wings said:
I didn't realise you could know too much about the syllabus. I believe that HSC students are suposed to know the WHOLE syllabus in depth. The questions asked were from the syllabus, as I previously stated, thus making them fair questions to ask. The structure of the exam was similar to that of previous years, as i stated - showing that it shouldn't have been a suprise to students. Students of high calibre know the whole syllabus - thus enabling them to answer all questions proficiently, this is what markers expect of band 6 students.

The point i was making was that the questions were fair, not that certain students mightn't have found them difficult. And if students did not know the content then they should be looking at the reason why? Was it because they failed to study that section? Did they just forget what they had learnt? Did they not learn that part of the syllabus? etc. If the last one is the case, then they should be looking at the fact that maybe their teacher failed to cover that part of the syllabus, and even discussing the matter with their teacher (asking why it wasn't covered and bringing it to their attention to ensure future classes are taught it), as well as why they themselves did not realise they had not covered part of the syllabus (because as students we have to take responsibility for our own learning as well, its not all the teacher's responsibility). They then should be looking at other subjects to ensure they covered the entire syllabus.

Seeing as you asked about my post count: I have a lot of posts (over 4000) as i have been around for a while (2 years) and i like to help out in various forums on boredofstudies, particularly those i moderate.

and thankyou for asking about uni, I am doing well thanks, and am doing my last exam for the semester tomorrow, it just happens to be PDHPE. :)
Well as expected you have answer to everything (thats a postive thing). Yes the structure was similar to past years (as it should be), but the point i was making is a couple of the questions was out of the box, ones that are not always expected, although in the HSC you should be prepared for anything, and those who have done the right amount of study, will know the ins and outs of the course, therefore enabling them to answer to all the questions in a detailed amount. However for a large amount of people, those less studied details, in the course, might not of been studied, resulting in poore answers.

But anyways, I dont want a arguement, I agree that to get a band six you need to know all aspect of the course, but for a lot of people they might not of studied all aspect, and i just felt your comments were a little harsh, smart. But if your trying to help, its cool!Good luck in your exams.(what result did you get for the HSC UAI and Pd/H score) if ya dont mind

hYperTrOphY

HSC
(what result did you get for the HSC UAI and Pd/H score) if ya dont mind
lol, you will not find out that information mate. Its the secret of all secrets. Rumours suggest it was 99+, but no-one knows for sure.... :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)