How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

Pidgeon_Pete

HSC
i dont know, i thought it was a good question, probably because i filled up all the writing space and was begging for more, they asked about influenza to see if you can apply your knowledge onto other things apart from malaria.

Anyways overall i think i went ok. Worked through MC with my teacher afterwards and she reckons i got 14/15, so thats a good start but i think the option (biotech) might bring me down a bit.

Last edited:

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Abtari said:
why did u have to draw lines for urself? couldnt u just have written below the lines...without drawing lines..rofl
I've had HSC markers tell me that sometimes, answers written out of the lines provides will not be counted. It sounds a bit harsh/impossible, but I'd rather not take the risk.

kyu_chan

the REAL nightmare begins
HSC
ishq said:
I feel your pain.

But rejoice! For we shall finish on Wednesday and laugh at all the other people still strugging with this damned creation that is The HSC.
But until then *hugs hugs* T_T

HAhaha

(I'm still stuck on pomo ;_; ahhh!!!)

kyu_chan

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
I've had HSC markers tell me that sometimes, answers written out of the lines provides will not be counted. It sounds a bit harsh/impossible, but I'd rather not take the risk.
nah, I've heard that everything you write gets read... and counted... but I'm ot a wordy person so it's all good ^^

-DaNieL-

HSC
danieljarvis said:
i wrote about HOW the immune response detects antigens ( self and non self markers ) and then went into how we cant detect new strands etc, and explanied Tm (t memory) cells work, and why they wont work. and also went into why vaccination programs wont work. and why antibiotics dont work. how it is infectious. and something else i forget.
I wrote the same thing, except i forgot about vaccination programs =) Hopefully what i wrote was right though. Managed to rave on for almost the whole 2 pages so that was alright. But that stupid cow and locust question....argh!!

What raw mark do you need to get in band 6 for bio?

Götterfunken

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
That's absurd. You're right, it does sound impossible, because it is.

SaMi5

HSC
EVERYTHING u wrote on ur paper gets read n marked... even if u wrote it upside down in a star shape they have to read it and mark it so u wasted a bit of time there but its not like ya needed it.. who here actually needed three hours!!

quilly

i loved that exam, it was great!

my best so far!

what everyone seems to have stuffed up i reckon that i got right (at least i hope so!)

ishq

brown?
HSC
SaMi5 said:
EVERYTHING u wrote on ur paper gets read n marked... even if u wrote it upside down in a star shape they have to read it and mark it so u wasted a bit of time there but its not like ya needed it.. who here actually needed three hours!!
I needed the entire three hours - and maybe five more minutes...

SaMi5

HSC
ishq said:
I needed the entire three hours - and maybe five more minutes...
awwww wel everyone in my bio class left the exam b4 the end... some coz they had no idea wat they were doin lol but mostly coz we wrote all we could... maybe u r just a slow writer (no offence)

kyu_chan

HSC
SaMi5 said:
EVERYTHING u wrote on ur paper gets read n marked... even if u wrote it upside down in a star shape they have to read it
LOL, I should've did that since I got an hour left... ...would've pissed them off.............. wait, nope, I'm glad I haven't done that XD

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
For all you Bio students who plan on doin a science based degree in the future, prepare to repeat all the content again.

adrenaline88

Medicine...
HSC
That was a really good exam, apart from the few waffle-questions. Hoping for 90s.

chelto_girl

HSC
adrenaline88 said:
That was a really good exam, apart from the few waffle-questions. Hoping for 90s.

90s!!! dayms im just hoping for 60s!!!
test was good i actually knew wat i was writing half the time:)

miss_monaro

HSC
biology totally sucks, and i was so glad to walk out of that stinking hall!
i dont know about anyone else but i completely stuffed up the stupid punnet squares qu. in genetics option! i am totally screwed! but hey im over it! NO MORE BIO EVER!!!

kyu_chan

HSC
bscienceboi said:
For all you Bio students who plan on doin a science based degree in the future, prepare to repeat all the content again.
Oh Goddess, please don't remind me XD

Princesca

HSC
that was a very, very strange paper. not only did it have very little syllabus content, it was either too specific or too vague. three questions were quite random:
* cows tag
* locusts
* nerve micrographs

to be honest, i have no idea how i went. i used about 10% of the stuff i actually studied (what a waste of time!) and most of it was just babbling with general knowledge.

in a way, i was satisfied that it wasn't an overly loaded paper addressing every syllabus dot point. but it was also quite confusing, and after coming out of the exam, i didn't feel like i got tested on my biology knowledge from this year at all.

bluebaby

HSC
N/A
the multiple choice was easy, option for me (human story) easy as well...core topics...all easy EXCEPT one tricky Q about x-linked, two hard Qs locust and virus+mutation...sadly together they worth 20 marks!!! LOL ...DOOMed!!!!!!!!

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
Completly agree, I looked at the paper and thought it was a complete sinch... I just wish I hadn't made so many stupid mistakes, I must have been overconfident or something...

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Götterfunken said:
That's absurd. You're right, it does sound impossible, because it is.
*shrugs*. I remember one of the people who said that was the ex-deputy principal of NSG.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)