How did everyone go? (1 Viewer)

pigman13

HSC
Yeah i think it was a good exam, much better thean previous years. The multiple choice were too easy, the rest was good, the evaluate locust question was stupid, it was easy, all you had to to was tabulate the info that was in the articles with an overall evaluation. I did the human story option, question 31 a i screwed up a bit, b was nice and easy, the 7 mark analysis question (c), I did a good plan which took up half a page, i ended up writing about a 6 page answer, a bit much for a 7 mark answer, but I had plenty of time. and d was good, except I forgot the evolutionary model for figure 1! damn annoying...but overall it was a good exam, much better than other subjects and previous years.

EATAPIE

BMW>>>>Mercedes (see sig)
HSC
MasterOfDisgyis said:
BIRD FRICKEN FLU...... Theres so much in the media about it. Might be just me, but I'm a news freak (read neally every news story on everything).
yes, i was so lucky. didnt know what to write, then i thought of stupid avian flu. you know why i was thinkin bout bird flu in the first place? cos how crap would it be if u finish hsc, and ur all happy, then ur told u cant go newhere, u hav to stay at home, bcos of bird flu. so i was pissed of at bird flu. Guess i cant complain now, its helped my hsc..
and i dont know what to think. Cos i thought that the trial was good, ended up with only 80%. So i dont know, hopefully enough to get band 6. Ppl from skool reckon they smashed it, and im ranked 2nd, so that'll help my assessment mark i guess. Now to wait for dec 16.
and also, i had like a day to prepare cos i had ext 1 maths yesterday. Oh well, i think i smashed that one neway. And had music an hour and a half after bio. 4 exams in one week! at least i finish early, next wed with chem.

cataleptic

HSC
Gah I dunno. It was harder than what I thought, so I don't think I'll get in the 90s like I hoped.

It was mostly a pretty fair paper. I noticed a trend though; they keep focusing on pretty narrow areas across the HSC papers though this year.

I think I'll get a band 5 somewhere. I don't know. I'm not as confident now as I was going into the exam.

Bokky

HSC
That was one of the most enjoyable exams ive ever sat, i literally smiled and laughed the whole way until the end (during random periods). 5 questions which i predicted showed up in the exam (named infectious disease, difference between bacteria/virus, definition of pathogen, action potential, influenza) , and 2 questions were repeated from past papers (effect of CO2 on blood, why is CO2 removal important), im a lucky guy :D. Question 27 which was the 8 marker was really good, i used the very interesting bird flu knowledge and how it can mutate with the human high mutable influenza virus, and how a particular strained vaccine developed now might not be effective against the lethal strain [ this is the problem we will be facing if a person transmittable strain of bird flu arises ]. I wrote about 50-60 lines for that question, basically filled everything out. For the option i cruised once again, the myopia question re-appeared again and so did the hearing aids which i knew well about. For the action potential i even drew up a half paged graph showing how a stimulus is created. 100%! Band 7 for me! :D

Last edited:

Budz

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
By the way, out of good will, I'm going to write to the Board and suggest they provide bigger/more lines in the future, after every question.

Seriously I spent a total of like 10 minutes drawing extra lines myself.

Lol i think the provided lines are there for a reason... :p

my teacher always tells me off and says and i quote "a true scientist can express what he or she is on about in the most concise way... and therefore should aim instead of filling all the lines... aim not to fill them...

The funny thing is. imagine if she is your marker Hahaahaha

Budz

HSC
I found the exam refreashing i mean after all the study and crap and the test wasnt really that hard..
From what im hearing the average will be a lot higher than last year and thus Lower scaling :(

hehehe.. i think i did ok band 6 hopefully..
If not ill take the persons mark who did get band 6 in my school heheehe the benifits of ranking..

I too must now go and study for chem which i bet they make impossbly hard this year cos bio wasnt that much of a challange.

Budz

HSC
i just re read that and realised i sound like some big headed jerk..
Im not normally like that
sorry
just getting a bit agitated with all this crap... lol

EATAPIE

HSC
divalux said:
*joins in sentimental crying* *wipes tear from eye* *remembers she wants UAI of 94* *cries again*

Oh well...i don't think I did exceptionally well but i might be pleasantly surprised. Congratulations everyone.

*leaves to prepare for fucking chemistry*
yes, its sad leaving biology. Oh well, hopefully if i make vet science, i get to do 5 more years of it!! and, yeh, ppl from my skool came out saying they did mad. i'm ranked second, and i'm like, i don't know if im gonna get 90. hopefully i will b pleasantly surprised. I have been expecting to get at least 91.

Chemistry-hate it, but i aint gonna study till tomoro. i had a long week this week. 4 exams. taking a break.

falltopieces

HSC
EATAPIE said:
yes, its sad leaving biology. Oh well, hopefully if i make vet science, i get to do 5 more years of it!! and, yeh, ppl from my skool came out saying they did mad. i'm ranked second, and i'm like, i don't know if im gonna get 90. hopefully i will b pleasantly surprised. I have been expecting to get at least 91.

Chemistry-hate it, but i aint gonna study till tomoro. i had a long week this week. 4 exams. taking a break.
Yeah I won't study chem until tomorrow too. I just had 4 exams this week. I'm taking a break lol

Oso

Biotechnician in Training
HSC
falltopieces said:
Yeah I won't study chem until tomorrow too. I just had 4 exams this week. I'm taking a break lol
Unfortunately I have chem and SDD (my hardest sujects) on the same day. Oh the joy that's gonna bring [/sarcasm]

leumas_au

EATAPIE said:

Yeah.
Go vet science!!! I am hoping that I get into the course straight up but we will see. Chemistry will bring down my UAI, I am afraid. That subject just makes no sense to me. I also have extension english 1 and Physics this next week. My three hardest subjects. I am taking the night off tonight. Hopefully my biology mark will be in the 90's but I just can't predict it. The paper was completely random.
Hope to see you in the course next year hey. I'm sure you will get in :D
*nods head approvingly*

EATAPIE

HSC
leumas_au said:
Yeah.
Go vet science!!! I am hoping that I get into the course straight up but we will see. Chemistry will bring down my UAI, I am afraid. That subject just makes no sense to me. I also have extension english 1 and Physics this next week. My three hardest subjects. I am taking the night off tonight. Hopefully my biology mark will be in the 90's but I just can't predict it. The paper was completely random.
Hope to see you in the course next year hey. I'm sure you will get in :D
*nods head approvingly*
good luck to u too man. vet science is the best. but if u dont get in, do bachelor of animal and veterinary biosciences. almost the same first year i think. then try change. might see u one day, and never know it. hahaha. hope to see u round.

leumas_au

My second option is Bachelor of Science: Molecular Biology and Genetics. If I get into this course, I will end up transferring(hopefully) anyway. But vet science is a passion, as I am sure it is to you as well. Ive seen some of the course and it is incredibly interesting. I think animal science was also on my preference list, perhaps the third choice. Im sure ill see you at uni, nothing like a positive outlook hey :D
CANT WAIT UNTIL UNI!!! lol.

penciltron

HSC
this was one of those exams were i left feeling ok but now ugh
not so good
but i did my best theres no way i couldve prepared for some of those q's e.g the locust one and the silly mistakes i made. so yeah watever happens happens ive tried and soooo glad its over

HSC
hmm...the paper looked hard at first sight, but then gradually it's ok, except that killer influenza 8 marker - i guess it's got sth ta do with the bird flu and influenza on the news these days...

heaps of pplz wrote stuff about the immune system, b n t cells,, I didn't realise that was needed...^%*&^%*!!

at least bio's over!!! 4 down, 3 to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)