How did u go in Extension History? (1 Viewer)

Demandred

HSC
I did a lot better than I hoped, taking into account that I scored only 34/50 in the project and 52% in the trials, i was expecting a bare pass. I was told that I had to relate everything back to the source extract - something I didn't do, so I started a lot of prac essays and got the teacher to review them. I ended up with 45/50 as my final mark.

Was it worth it? After looking at my mark - yes. At the start, I think I bit off more than I could chew and was about to drop it. Gathering and interpreting information from a lot of scattered sources was a giant pain in the arse, especially when it tends to be written by renowned scholars. Note - always pack a dictionary when reading through the source book.

Oh yeah, special thanks to Caractus for saving my butt with his Crusades notes :).

Last edited:

Plebeian

48, which is actually the 99th percentile :) I probably should have done a bit more work before the exam, I could have gone in with two full essays for that test but it was my last one and I was sick of the HSC bv then.

laracroft

i did nothing all year except for my major work...our teacher taught us almost nothing, so it was pretty much up tho the individual...but yeha i studied for 1 day b4 the hsc exam n i got 42/50 for my final mark. not fanastic, but bloody good considering i knew zilch 48 hours b4 the exam:)

Jennibeans

HSC
I worked my ass off for history extension and came out with 43/50 which seemed pretty good to me until I started hearing these 48s and 42s with minimal work.

Trev

stix
HSC
Jennibeans said:
I worked my ass off for history extension and came out with 43/50 which seemed pretty good to me until I started hearing these 48s and 42s with minimal work.
well the 48 was from a person that is obviously very intelligent, (with a uai 99.90), obviously not the type of person that needs to put in alot of work.

Plebeian

OK I didn't mean I did minimal work, I did quite a lot, and I started reading and writing for my project a term out from when it was due. I think I could've done more on the very last day before the test though.

Jennibeans

HSC
Techie said:
OK I didn't mean I did minimal work, I did quite a lot, and I started reading and writing for my project a term out from when it was due. I think I could've done more on the very last day before the test though.
Sorry I wasn't talking specifically about you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)