how did u make friends in uni. (2 Viewers)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
*sigh~~~*

usyd and their "couple fwnd" theory... >.<'

dat means i am gonna be alone the whole 4 yrs!!!! *sobz*

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
me in adel.. its FUN!!! free beer and food.. well for 2 days..
very diverse and nice ppl. :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
*sigh~~~*

usyd and their "couple fwnd" theory... >.<'

dat means i am gonna be alone the whole 4 yrs!!!! *sobz*
LOL dont worry me too!
LOL

why dont u and me become a couple? :p
MuahUAHuha

monzi

HSC
OMG i had uni orientation today it soooooooooo sucked they told us it would be beneficial YEH RIGHT..so boring and everyone is so snobbyyyyyyyyyyyyyy omg i couldnt talk to anyone only a few guys who actually came and said hello and introduced themselves the girls omg so snobby and im a girl myself i would of liked to make friends but they are so up themselves! you ask them a question they just nod and turn their heads RUDE!!

alman

Originally posted by monzi
OMG i had uni orientation today it soooooooooo sucked they told us it would be beneficial YEH RIGHT..so boring and everyone is so snobbyyyyyyyyyyyyyy omg i couldnt talk to anyone only a few guys who actually came and said hello and introduced themselves the girls omg so snobby and im a girl myself i would of liked to make friends but they are so up themselves! you ask them a question they just nod and turn their heads RUDE!!
um..which uni is this?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by natstar
I went to my orientation lecture yesterday fo rmy course Everyone seemed to know everyone else and I knew noone, so i sat by myself in the back row lol
well, maybe they brought a friend along (who are not doing the same course as them). :D

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
well, maybe they brought a friend along (who are not doing the same course as them). :D
yeah man thats probably true. who cares if you dont know anyone, you will make friends in tutorials :)

Snapwizard

Snapy
HSC
University is no different to any other place, if you have trouble making friends anywhere else then its most likely the same here but if your outgoing then your do fine, just randomly start a conversation and your probably meet really nice people sooner or later ;) Happy friend hunting

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by tooheyz
LOL dont worry me too!
LOL

why dont u and me become a couple? :p
MuahUAHuha
*thinks*

uhm, not a bad idea!!! =p blehz

Originally posted by monzi
dat's y u go to usyd!!! ^^ jkin jkin, i only wish usyd pplz ain't that snooooooooobish... >.< '

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by alman
um..which uni is this?
yeah i dont like the sound og the uni. almost every person i have talked to have been very nice.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
how do u know that- u haven't been there long enuf- have u? anyways, narrate to us your experiences. :D
i dunno... i dun think they r dat snoooooobish...

yea, i will narrate, once i haf any exp wif em... =)

bluesky100

Carly :-)
HSC
Well, I'm living on campus - just got back from o-week, went as many scheduled functions that were being held, plus the Saloon Mon/Tues&Wed.

At the Sudent Union there are quite a few things advertising social functions, also pub night on Monday and saloon night on Thursday. Will check my timetable later tonight and work around these events + timetable.

B

Bambul

This is how I know most people I do at uni:

1. I knew them from high school. I went to Ruse and am at UNSW, so that's an instant 60-80 ppl (I forget the exact amount).

2. Friends introduce me to people. I'll be introduced to new people by my friends who they have recently met, knew from high school who went to other schools or something like that.

3. People from other high schools that I knew from before hand. This included people who had gone to my primary school, from my YA company or from tutoring, etc.

4. Tutorials. Saying hi to the person next to you (if they don't know anyone else in the room) will net you a new friend (or atleast acquantance) as will being put into a group for a group assignment (of which you get a few).

5. Getting involved. I got to know people from joining clubs like my faculty student society or doing Yellow Shirts (Union O-Week volunteers), plus I'll probably do a Revue (its like a comedy show for the uninitiated) or two this year. This is a really good way to meet the really active students on campus (eg. I know many of the people on the Union board or Guild - UNSW's SRC - on a first name basis and they know mine).

That's pretty much it for me.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
SMILE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ffs... its the shortest distance between 2 people

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Bambul
...4. Tutorials. Saying hi to the person next to you (if they don't know anyone else in the room) will net you a new friend (or atleast acquantance) as will being put into a group for a group assignment (of which you get a few)....
yeah- i was at UNSW orientation week 2day, and i made a couple of friends (and had a lot of aquantance as well), so yeah, it wasn't that hard....but anyways- i'm amazed at the amount of international students there...more international students there, than i though. :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Merethrond
:lol: at this thread being made "Important:":rolleyes:.
LoL- yeah, but in the end, alot of ppl. around the different forums kept on saying how their scared that they might not make friends and stuff at uni.- so yeah, hence this thread. :)

Leanne

HSC
i'm sure everyone will be fine at making friends.....in a month's time we'll all be wondering why we worried so much about it!

Kittycat

HSC
I am just sad that my high school friends have already started to distancing themselves from each other. I am sure that they want to stay in touch but due to us going to different unis, I think we are going to lose contact altogther soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)