how did u make friends in uni. (1 Viewer)

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redslert
it's like the orange stuff, people think it's fish eggs, like REAL fish eggs, errr i don't think so
caviar?

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by JKDDragon
You do look 14 though, lol.
LoL, i'll get u for that!!! :angry:

Originally posted by Panda Bear
freaking out... so is that good or bad?
well i guess its got its good sides and bad sides to it...some guy was telling me how thats good, coz when i'm like 40, i'll look like a 30 year old and stuff. :S

edit: this gives me an idea- i should start buying "under 16" train tickets, since its cheaper than the normal concession train ticket! ;)

Last edited:

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
a lot of my friends haven't met any new people coz they stick with their old highschool friends in tutes and lecs .... so i guess i'm kinda glad i barely knew anyone at my uni :)

but anyway, it's only the first week :p

Originally posted by freaking_out

edit: this gives me an idea- i should start buying "under 16" train tickets, since its cheaper than the normal concession train ticket! ;)
really?! hmph, i alwayst hought they were the same price.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
Originally posted by freaking_out
nope, nowadays, concession means that u pay 80% of full fare, and if ur under 16, u pay 50% of the full fare. :D
-__________-;;

oh well, i just buy the green weekly travelpass anyway... and use it as much as possible :D (it's worth it!)

toisthbe

Evil Member
how to make uni friends??

1)go up to som1, and ask them a question.
2)a)if they do not know the answer, call them 'stupid'
b)if they do know the answer, ask them another question
etc etc
until they cannot answer a question, then call them 'stupid'..

at this point, they would have laughed, and u're friends..woohoo

try it tomoro!

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by xiao1985
no way... a studnet to city from para cost 3 bucks + while child costs at most2.40 any where wifin metro area!!!
i know ei? last time i was buying my ticket from the machine, and i saw that adult fare for city return was like $4.80...whilst for concession card holders it was only $4.00- which is not half price!!

iTCHeZ

Da Fei GHeY
HSC
BACK TO THE FRIGGIN QUESTION!!!! i fink i made friends due to my hair...it was friggin bright red n spiky n shit..n ppl decided okay i b dis guy frend like ya..ah huh...so i got plenty fren
an den day sai u no more red hair spikey goku mofo so i no fren with u anymore...and that's how i make fren!

Leanne

HSC
Originally posted by iTCHeZ
BACK TO THE FRIGGIN QUESTION!!!! i fink i made friends due to my hair...it was friggin bright red n spiky n shit..n ppl decided okay i b dis guy frend like ya..ah huh...so i got plenty fren
an den day sai u no more red hair spikey goku mofo so i no fren with u anymore...and that's how i make fren!
sorry?

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
Originally posted by iTCHeZ
I ran it through my translator and got this ;)

To get back on topic, I think I made friends due to the colour of my hair. It was bright red and spiky so people decided that they would befriend me. When they found out I didn't have the bright red hair anymore, they decided to leave me. That's how I made friends.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
lol at translation!

Anyway, in my course there seems to be some nice people, however a lot of people seem kinda high and mighty, especially the mature age students who hold their life experience (especially some of those with media experience) over us recent school leavers. Some of them are very patronizing.

I haven't made any good friends yet because (I'm not sure if it's just UTS communications) the way our classes are is not really conducive to getting to know people and making friends.... everyone just comes to class, then goes home.

I've made a lot of acquaintences, I always say hi to people and chat, but no good friends yet really. I'm glad I live at the UTS residence though because otherwise I would know barely anyone!!!

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Insanity540
then your getting ripped off.
nah, try it on some random machine any day... i am sure that they r different... =)

Originally posted by Panda Bear
is it that hard to know people?!

sometimes its just river water flowing
lolz, yea... well, i think i am luckie.. usyd pplz (or those i dat i met) r really really frwndly... i made heaps so far i guess. =p blehz...

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by RCMasterAA
I ran it through my translator and got this ;)

To get back on topic, I think I made friends due to the colour of my hair. It was bright red and spiky so people decided that they would befriend me. When they found out I didn't have the bright red hair anymore, they decided to leave me. That's how I made friends.
lol!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Making friends wasn't that hard. I made about 10 or so friends within the four first days of uni, which was really good. Its great having friends who do your course and have exactly the same timetable as you.

On the other hand, i knew that no one from my school was going to hawkesbury, so i was by myself for a while, but things soon got better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)