How did you find the EE1 HSC Paper? (1 Viewer)

shimmerme

HSC
exmas should be longer i say!

taxman- ' When I prepare I just write down the points I want to talk about and a few quotes and memorise them...I then rely on natural flair for structuring my sentences and writing all the other connecting bits...unfortunately, I struggled a little today as it all seemed to be a bit of a mess. A lot of and 'hence, and therefore as a result of in relation to so as to do this' which on re-reading sounded a bit lame and confusing.'

hahahahahahah. hahaha.

i laugh because this is me in a nutshell! so funny~

lol yes well.. kind of bummed at my effort today... 18 for essay and 8 for creative! altohugh, i must say i kinda liked my little gothic story based on that STUPID picture.. did anyone else doing crime fiction use it as a dream? ..i am so lame lol

taxman

make poverty
HSC
jazzi_jess said:
i reckon how fast did it go! that's awesome though, i'm so glad :) I almost didn't want the extra 5 minutes they gave me, I just wanted to leave! How happy are we all now that there's no more english exams to kill our hands!!!!
Ahem...not for us poor sods that do Drama. A Drama exam is practically English...two bitch essays. It's going to be really easy though, because Drama essays are a total sinch.

x_meow_x

HSC
shimmerme said:
taxman- ' When I prepare I just write down the points I want to talk about and a few quotes and memorise them...I then rely on natural flair for structuring my sentences and writing all the other connecting bits...unfortunately, I struggled a little today as it all seemed to be a bit of a mess. A lot of and 'hence, and therefore as a result of in relation to so as to do this' which on re-reading sounded a bit lame and confusing.'

hahahahahahah. hahaha.

lol yes well.. kind of bummed at my effort today... 18 for essay and 8 for creative! altohugh, i must say i kinda liked my little gothic story based on that STUPID picture.. did anyone else doing crime fiction use it as a dream? ..i am so lame lol
i used it as a dream! i wrote 16 pages of pathetic story that made no sense and made the character wake up in a mental hospital, she had the same recurring dream every night...and she ended up stabbing a doctor....really it had no structure and was completele erratic

ashyoddy

HSC
Thought it was a good exam.

I do Crime Fiction, and semi-prepared responses fit well into the questions.

I did 11 for creative and 11 for essay. Creative writing was about a Halloween party....haha how ironic.

taxman

make poverty
HSC
shimmerme said:

hahahahahahah. hahaha.

Hahaha, a dream? I wish I thought of that...my story was perfectly normal until the part where I realised that there was supposed to be a fire and some woman in a dress. The big problem was that the entire story was set in Cabramatta, and the fire was on a beach...so I''m hoping the setting doesn't matter too much.

I had the fire at the end of the story where the murderer tried to frame a local gang by burning his own car...it didn't make any sense. What made even less sense was that the detective showed up to see the fire and got shot by the guy, yet nobody was around in the middle of Cabramatta. I so hope the markers are from Newcastle or something and don't know anything about Cabramatta. Hell, I hardly know anything about Cabramatta!

shimmerme

HSC
my story- kinda lame lol

lol!! yes.. in 8 pages i managed to cram my story..

there was a chic who just moved into a big mansion (vaguely suggested as inherited) she has a bad dream where she sees a lady with her hands covered in blood holding a toy box , cuts herself in the shower, watchs some tv, walks up the stairs past all the paintings of her anscestors.. dreams of that STUPID picture.. goes into the attic (haha how f**ing cliched!) sees a pic of her grandma in that dress- it was wedding dress! realises her gradma murdered her pop.. *yep*.. umm then at the end she just dismisses it as her having an overactive imagination.. but in one of the pictures is the toy box covered in blood.

ps .. i bow down to jess.. 44 pages is absolutely boggling
(slaps self in head for lame dodgy response lol)..

but hey, ill say what anyone who wishes they wrote more says- lets just hope its quality over quantity!

Last edited:

roxie_b

HSC
individual and society qu was good, but creative qu was crappy. lol so not a 19thC picture!! i have a feeling i failed miserably on that qu, but the essay was gooooooood. 11pgs creative, 20pgs essay EXTENSION IS ALL OVER!! I NEVER THOUGHT THIS DAY WOULD COME!!! (pity about the 3 exams remaining....)

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I did 9 pages for the essay, and just on 7 for the creative. However, my writing's pretty fucking small.

Valeroso

HSC
Awesome! Very generic questions and I liked how the essay completely suited what I had intended to write. All in all, I wrote 3 Booklets for the essay (About 19 pages probably), and 2 Booklets for the Creative (10 pages). Though for the essay, it was 10:00 and I had only done one text with a crapload of STUFF yet to come! And I was in a panicky state as I had to finish the essay in half an hour if I were to begin my Creative. SO what did I do? I spent 1 hour and 20 mins on the essay, and the remaining 40 mins on the Creative. (I figured if it takes 40 mins to write a story in English Advanced, whats stopping me from doing it here?) Anyway, I realised that when I did the essay, time went by SO FAST, but when I did the Creative, it was going by so slow! And damn, I need a new pen! It hurts and I've got ink EVERYWHERE AGAIN!

Phantasmagoria

hates capsicum
HSC
That exam was MAD! :D I do Postmodernism, and the picture with the writer was PERFECT for my story! Also loved the essay stimulus, which was basically a sinch. Wrote 17 and 16 pages for each. Still revelling in the greatness of that exam ... hah, as Lhyviathan likes to say, "NO MORE ENGRISH!"

ishq

brown?
HSC
NO MORE ENGLISH!!!
*dances insanely*
Crime Fiction was Dod-gy!

But, its over.

How does everyone remember how many pages they did?

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I loved the essay question, although i'm worried it didn't flow enough in parts.

My creative as usual wasn't as strong as my essay, but neverthless I was happy with it.

No more english!!!!!!!

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
I was very happy with the exam questions, it looks like the board decided not to fuck us over this year... watch out 06ers! generally happy with my performance, though for the essay I found myself hacking chuncks out of my original ideas left right and centre as I negotiated the time limit. I had fun with the creative (so glad it was actually CREATIVE) though in retrospect it was probably a little bit too self-reflexive for it's own good. And I did a lot of audience adress and personal pronoun... don't worry people, I do postmodernism, they expect this sort of crap! ha ha

got 14 pages for essay and 10 for creative... I am very proud of how much I wrote.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
Did RFTG.

Wrote 20 for essay; 11 for creative.

The stimulus for Module B wasn't so crash hot for RFTG, but I got by, making dozens of allusions to critical theorists and all that jazz to show "understanding of the elective".

The essay was fairly standard, and I think I integrated the provided text rather well with my prescribed and related texts. Was basically a "write everything you know" question using the stimulus as a launching pad.

shimmerme

HSC
OutOfOrder said:
I did 10 pages typed.. how many is that written?

how do you know how many it was typed????

.. and i remember how many i wrote cos i count them when i go thru at the end and write my numbas on em.

Asheroth

Paranoid Android
HSC
11 pages for essay and 10 for creative. 8 words a line @ 20 lines a page...means 1600 words for creative and 1760 words for essay. I'm happy.

I nearly died when I saw the question, but I managed to bend and abuse my semi-prepared answer into shape :D

OutOfOrder

HSC
shimmerme said:
how do you know how many it was typed????

.. and i remember how many i wrote cos i count them when i go thru at the end and write my numbas on em.
I had to count them after i was done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)