How did you find the Hospo exam?? (1 Viewer)

Skeeta

HSC
i did exactly the same as SydGuy86...

chicken snitzel all the way

Meggsie

HSC
chef_satan said:
Yeah hospitality had me worried but good old general knowledge really pulled through for me. I cam first in the year for hospitality and i dont remeber ever learning or seeing anything like q21 ever.. it was complete shit... but if your good at blabbing on about good and bad advertising i think it will be good.... i did the commercial cookery q22, and chose poaching,,,, ne one do that responce how did you go?!

Yeah i did poaching aswell... i did eggs benedict with hollidase sauce... however u spell it :) But i hadnt studied any methods of cookery.. so i didnt know exact temperatures the poaching water was etc... anyways i managed like 4 pgs i think

THe hospo exam i thought wasnt too bad.. it was definatly not easy i thought though!! I prob didnt study as much as u guys though ?

setty

It was ok

The hosp exam was ok i guess. But q 21 was shit i just went on with shit like tv,radio and interant what how people give reports on business and shit. q22 i did grilling fish and i wrote 3 pages.

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
With the question 22 did it have to be a dish or a type of food like eggs by itself?

aidan910

HSC
i thought Q21 was a bit "out there" considering we didnt learn much on it either... i think it was to do with things like industry journals and stuff as a source of information for employees and consumers... but whateva...

i did commerical cookery.. and i did deep frying -- CHICKEN SCHNITZEL.

seems like the markers are gonna be sick of the old schnitzel..... lol

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
21, was wierd, not what i expected but it was easy, its basically about internet and all that jaz and how it has been able to convey more info and options for customers and at the same time increasing responsibilities of employees by learning new interpersonal skills, avioding communication barriers of technology, ergonomic hazards and computors. That kind of stuff.
i reakon i got 15/15 for that one.

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
communication media was easy i thought it was good.
and i poached some midori pears:)

PookieMonster

Got bored & left 30/01/05
HSC
Ralph said:
21, was wierd, not what i expected but it was easy, its basically about internet and all that jaz and how it has been able to convey more info and options for customers and at the same time increasing responsibilities of employees by learning new interpersonal skills, avioding communication barriers of technology, ergonomic hazards and computors. That kind of stuff.
i reakon i got 15/15 for that one.
not necessarily the internet, in the hospitality textobooks, there is all this stuff about HOSPITALITY journals, television, newspapers and texts, advertising. the internet was a minor thing.

HSC
that's what i thought. not communication as in phones/internet etc, but communication MEDIA like television advertising. at least i hope that's what they meant.

skiguy_hsv

HSC
The communication media question was hopeless! It was so vague! Where was anything to do with it in the syllabus? Also that question on stock control! I hate how they try and make the questions for such an easy subject sound hard...

margot

lalala...
HSC
skiguy_hsv said:
The communication media question was hopeless! It was so vague! Where was anything to do with it in the syllabus? Also that question on stock control! I hate how they try and make the questions for such an easy subject sound hard...
same! i hated that question, i had absolutely no idea how to answer it.. i think it just completely contradicted itself... how did u go in ur section 3? i screwed that one up as well... argh!

skiguy_hsv

HSC
Section III I went pretty good in... I still think I went ok in II I just hated it! lol

the xc3ption

Q21=I think they just screwed us all up by using "media' instead of 'medium' (which we actually learnt)
although i could really dispute the DIFFERENCE in definition of the two words.....
geez.. would it have been so hard to say "communication mediums"?????
[lol sowi, just letting off alot of steam atm] :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

kcikat~

HSC
N/A
i agree wif da question 21 thing~did u realise dat dis yr they put ur in scenarios more unlike the previous???>but i swear i think if u didnt even study u would still get a gd mark

Becc

q21 was more of a business question.
so i used my business studies knowledge and put it into a hospitality context.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)