How Did You Write A Band 6 Essay? (1 Viewer)

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I know this will sound like a weird way to explain, but many people who write a b6 essay don't do it off the cuff (unless they are a top 5% english student).

Most students typically start off with a b4/b5 essay and you slowly work essays up to b6 level, by consistently re-drafting and taking critiques on board from a wide variety of sources.

Darth_UNSW

HSC
My introduction was short and sweet. My paragraphs didn't follow TEEL or whatever you want to call it exactly. I just put in as much evidence as I needed (using and integrating a LOT of quotes). My conclusions were laudable tbh. They hardly did anything except briefly (briefly) sum up my ideas. But I agree with LHS.

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
So there's this book called The 5-Minute Essay which you should totally check out...

Mdyeow

HSC
Uni Grad
My introduction was short and sweet. My paragraphs didn't follow TEEL or whatever you want to call it exactly. I just put in as much evidence as I needed (using and integrating a LOT of quotes). My conclusions were laudable tbh. They hardly did anything except briefly (briefly) sum up my ideas. But I agree with LHS.
I think you've misused laudable...but agree with the need for good amounts of evidence (as well as analysis of the evidence and why it relates back to your points.)

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the top piece of advice I can give you is to deconstruct the specific essay question you are given and make sure that everything you select-in terms of textual evidence and coming up with relevant thesis points etc-is firmly focusing on answering the question and answering nothing but the given essay question:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)