How did your maths 1/2 yearly go? (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
This is the thoughts, reflections and discussion thread
feel free to post up ur marks once uv got them back

I thought mine was really hard. I'm not good at maths. I used to be alrite last year but since year 12 i havent passed one maths assessment. My average is from 40s-48%! yeah its really bad!

So hopefully i might pass the 1/2 yearly. Not sure though with how shockingly bad i went in my previous assessments.
However we had a lot of the prelim work in it, also geo applications of calculus, series and a bit of logs, integration only up to definite integrals-thats all we're up to.

How did the rest of u find ur exams?

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
joe_m_2000 said:
This is the thoughts, reflections and discussion thread
feel free to post up ur marks once uv got them back

I thought mine was really hard. I'm not good at maths. I used to be alrite last year but since year 12 i havent passed one maths assessment. My average is from 40s-48%! yeah its really bad!

So hopefully i might pass the 1/2 yearly. Not sure though with how shockingly bad i went in my previous assessments.
However we had a lot of the prelim work in it, also geo applications of calculus, series and a bit of logs, integration only up to definite integrals-thats all we're up to.

How did the rest of u find ur exams?
chill Joe... don't let ur previous assessment worry u... hopefully u'll pass... and i mean there's always room for improvement... I have a friend that didnt pass any maths assessments in yr 11 and his first maths assessment this year was 54%... so obviously there's been some improvement... although not much... but it doesn't matter... as long as ur climbing up the ladder... U'll be fine

as for My half yearly... If i live to see tomorrow i'll tell u how it goes... It's not worth as much as i'd expected it to be but 15% is still alot...

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
how much prelim stuff is on it and like what? trig, geo or basic maths like solving for x etc

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I think i did well.

Topics covered in mine were:
- Probability, Permutations and Combinations.
- Sequences. Series, and Application.
- The Parabola x² = 4ay and its parametric treatment.
- Integration (no applications)
- Induction.
- Circle Geometry.

Edit: oops haha, i thought this was 3u.

I did alright in 2u as well.

Last edited:

roadcone

HSC
sunjet said:
how much prelim stuff is on it and like what? trig, geo or basic maths like solving for x etc
mine had all prelim plus sequence and series, geo applications of calculus and integration

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
i can safely say that I went pritty good

prelim... there was the basic proving questions in geometry... not too much from prelim.. it was basically a HSC style examination.. although questions 8-10 weren't as difficult as one would expect... the exam had

-sequence and series... (withouth compund ineterst)
-trigonometric function
-integration (everything)
-logarithms
-calculus

basically a good mixture of everything
it was a 3 hour examination but fortunately enough most of us had an hour or more to go through our exam once twice and even thrice

adcarson

HSC
ive got my stinking 2U exam on tommorow, actualy ive got 2 go study now, im freakin out a bit though im currently just passing my 2U, im going better in my 3U than 2U which sounds kinda weird

Shona_01

HSC
I did my 1/2 year last week, it was okay, although i dont think i did all that well, but i tried my best and that is all i can do.
Shona.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Jago you're 3u maths test was almost like yours except with geometric appication of calculus. i got killed in my one. it felt more like a 4u paper?!

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
I rather enjoyed my 3u paper. Challenging, but do-able.

HSC
I stuffed up my 2U and it was worth 30% of assessment, which is annoying as I came straight home and did the questions i stuffed up in the test easily

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
I did mine today, no marks back yet but it wasn't too difficult, it wasn't bad though I'm not saying it was easy. 2 Hours was a little too long for the exam at hand although it gave ample time to check your responses. Then again I could have completely f%&$ed it up and I just think I did ok lol, we'll see when the results come back.

NOW FOR 3U STUDY >.<!

joeyjeremy

HSC
Maths was gay!

OMG maths was terrible!!! I hate maths but ive got to do it.... ive got 12 units still sooo yeah... i might as well get some maths knowledge and keep doing it!

Well our test was really hard 7 question and it was out of 84 marks.

Well its alright im happy its over!! Our class is gonna fail i know it everyone in our class said it! It was hard even for the 2 unit students.

GGrrrrrrrrrrr!@!!!! :vcross: :vcross: :vcross: :vcross:

Last edited:
HSC
I did mine a cople of hours ago, and it only had series and geom applications of calc in it.

It was very easy tp study for wth only two topics and it was a lovely test.

Now if only I was so prepared for Modern History....*panics*

sunjet

Hip-Hop Saved My Life
HSC
Did mine today was ok.. i think i stuff up a congruent triangles q(didnt study prelim) and a limiting sum question.. otherwise l'll see what I get.

snowblack

bleh
HSC
i just did mine like 3 hours ago....no comment except for the fact that our class will do shite yet again ....im so glad we wont get it back until after the hols :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)