How did your viva go? (1 Viewer)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
a couple of wks ago everyone was busy preparing for their viva...so how did you go? was it hard? or easy?

i got mine bk today..and di pretti good....

dudes and dudetts...holla your thoughts!

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I did pretty well... 18.5/20, equal highest mark in the class, so I was pretty pleased....

It was more nerve racking than I expected though, normally speaking assessments don't worry me but this one was kinda impromptu.....

lizzy1004

HSC
my viva is coming up and i have no clue what i am suppose to do wellz... i kinda got an idea but wut helps to achieve da greatest points?

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i have just done mine and got full marks...lol.

did you guys get a sheet?

aniwayz if you didnt..here is some tips...

content is just as important as the dlivery (becuasse it is an interview..just lyk how you get marked for presentation if you are doing a speech)...hence...sound confident,..simple and logical sentences..try 2 be aware of your usual umms..and ahhs...and do not end with your answer with...*and um..yeah you know*..this might sound stupid..but if you watch pplz do their interviews..most of them end with that.....to end properli..just rephrase the question. eg: *so basically time mangaement and the need to edit my work are the two most important things i have learnt from this experience*

definately plan your viva before the actual thing...if you dunno whot they are going to ask you ..brwose thru some of the other threads..there are quite a few examples of questions...write your structure out....and try to remember that....and wif the sturcutre in front of you.....record your answers on a recorder....but dont try to remember those answers....just go thru each vocal recording and pick up presentation flaws....

and hopefully u have made enough progress with your MW to b able to talk abt ur viva confidently...(and also know what you are on abt..lol)....dont tell big lies...datz a no noooo...if you are not finished and u say u r....umm....your eacher will be thinking *aha! i have caught you* for the rest of your interview instead of properli listenin 2 ur viva.....pluz not to mention the effects on your marks...most teachers wotn deduct a makr..but u neva know.... furthermore, your teacher knows where you are up to from her appointments with you (or classes in some skools)...

so here is da simple rundown..things dat you should do in order to maximise your marks:

- be articulate
- clear and logical sentences..its not an essay..the teacher wont have anythign to re-read for clarification
- know your MW
- recognise personal strength and weakness (esp weaknesses, this bit usualy goes under the question of for eg: what are the two most importatn things you ahve learnt from ur MW??)
- link it with advanced and/or extension..althoguh for some skools it is not required, but it does give u brownie pts...

so i hope that helps lizzy!...

best of luck wif your viva...and leave a msg to let us know how u went

fingers are so numb..so is my head..sorz for typos..

truly

lizzy1004

HSC
kkk thanx for da tips... l think i mite kill myslef if i dun get full marks after seeing these tips :p j/k... but this is realli helpful... l'll post here as soon as i get my mark...

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
loltalking abt full marks i hve finished 1/4 of a box of tissues..crying abt my extension 1 assessment which is worth 60%...getting it bk tomoz but i have a really bad feeling cuz it was a v last minute job..so i am fully depressed now..and listening to nirvana doesnt help..

it is amazing how the only times i cry these dayz are when i get bad results..i dont even cry in movies animore....

!meeee!

melbourne during uni- sydney during holidays
the beauty of the hsc tho is that you always have a chance to improve your marks. even if it is worth 60%, that means it's only 30% of your final mark. which means even if you don't do as well as hoped you have so many opportunities to improve your mark in your trials and final exam

pri

HSC
N/A
got vivas back... 20/20 which I was happy with, hopefully the report will go ok. handed it in today! so im all done for my ext 2 internal assessments

lizzy1004

HSC
yo yo yo yo~! i got full marks~~~ thanx to everyone dat helped~!
kkk feel so goooooooooooootttt only da major work to go~!
gosh.. 3 unit english? da teacher gave me 15/20 for my wonderful essay...arghh it was i think worth 15 or 20%... anwayz... kkk bright side^^* full markssssssssssssssssssss yuppppppppeee

HackedStudent

I did alright I think. Sad thing is I completely forgot to go over the questions before hand, but I remembered most of what I had intended to talk about. I think I went pretty good. Ours was all formal and after we were done my teacher stoped the casset recorder and told me some things (about 3) that I missed out on mentioning. Still, overall I think I raised some good points and did ok :)

lizzy1004

HSC
cool^^* gosh it felt realliz goot i must admit.. after it was over i was like few... i started breathing again... if anyone wants some tips.. just ask ~ but i think everyones dones theres so i wont paste up here but if any one wants them msg me~*

malayz_angel

Well I got a B, not bad since I didn't prepare properly and of course not having completed my major work and been really up to date in my journal brought me down

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
at my school we've had two viva assessments ... first one i got 18/20 (highest mark being 19) and the second one i got 19/20 (equal highest mark)... i find it disconcerting that no one at our school has gotten full marks for vivas, they're supposed to be fairly casual and you would think a full mark was completely achievable, but dare i say it our teachers are marking us pretty harshly :/ i dont really mind much, i guess it motivates you to try harder ??

pri

HSC
N/A
most ppl in my class got 17-19, the ppl who could articulate their ideas got 20, so its about how well YOU know your story, and also how much you've done.

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
The highest mark in our viva's was 7.6/10. The teachers said they were being realistic...

blah says she

blah. blah. blah.
HSC
Well I spose it's better then getting set up for a big shock.. I'm hoping for a nice suprise though :p pfft yeah right lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)