• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How different is VET info tech compared to IPT (2 Viewers)

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Freedom_Dragon
Hey everybody,
any ideas for ppl preparing for an exam for Microsoft words.
Note: Its not a practical exam.
first of all, it better be a typo, it's Microsoft Word.
second of all, go through all the practical stuff you've learnt about in Word, what you've done in class etc... read up about what OLE is as well, and also the Widow and Orphan features, header and footer, about formating text, what's subscript, and super script, etc, as well as knowing your terms like, Orientation i.e. the Landscape and Portrait view, and also read up about page breaks etc, you might also be tested on what a clipboard is, and what copy and paste and cut features do, and also about indentation, know what a handing indent is. Also read up about Overtype mode and Insert Mode.

If i remember right, these things i've mentioned are pure basics of knowing about Word, some may even overlap with Excel and Access, so it's not bad at all even if you're not tested on it to read up about it.

Good Luck.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by Freedom_Dragon
Yo Winston,
Thanks for tips.
By the way, is there an excel book for IT(Vet).
lol i'm not sure, apprently there is from excel i think... should be released already... you gotta ask Andrew on that, since he's a teacher i'm sure he updates his resources :)

Andrew_Blackwel

I Teach this subject
HSC
N/A
There isn't an excell book for IT. The closest i can give you is the latest release which is the Hienamin IT@Work. It isn't evrything that its reputation was sposed to live up to. The things that you need to know for WORD(s) are these.

annotation
append
block
boilerplate
clear
compound document
cut
document
editor
embedded command
header footer
insert mode
line editor
mail merge
paste
replace
search and replace
soft return
spell checker tab character
style guides
templates

and the ones that winston mentioned

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)