How difficult is Biology? Do you enjoy it? (1 Viewer)

emma5795

HSC
Really confused as to pick biology for year 11 and 12, i'm in year 10 now. I got c's for my test so I wouldn't say I'm good at it. I am however interested in it. Is the scaling good?
Do you enjoy it? How difficult is it compared to year 10 biology? I found Biology in year 10 to be difficult but interesting.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Lots of memorising.

And don't ever pick a subject purely on the basis of scaling. In this case, Bio's scaling is average to good.

anne1010

HSC
its not hard but far out its boring. dropped it beg of this year although i was doing pretty well cause it was that boring

b33g_boss

HSC
its not hard but far out its boring. dropped it beg of this year although i was doing pretty well cause it was that boring
what are you on about? bio is da best

tbh when i was choosing for subjects i chose bio as my last preference, and was fully devoted to dropping it in year 12, but know it is the best subject evar!! so yea, btw it builds on year 10 concepts, but seriuosly its very easy and lay back, devoting at least 3 hours per fortnight and thats about it.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're not very good at memorising content, or learning a lot of processes then HSC Biology may not be for you. However, in saying that, I find Biology to be a rather simple subject because everything interconnects and you can have many 'ah-ha' moments in which so many things work for you.

Perhaps talk to your teacher(s) and seek their opinions.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Exactly right

p.s you'll never walk alone
YNWA

If you're not very good at memorising content, or learning a lot of processes then HSC Biology may not be for you. However, in saying that, I find Biology to be a rather simple subject because everything interconnects and you can have many 'ah-ha' moments in which so many things work for you.

Perhaps talk to your teacher(s) and seek their opinions.
Probably the best option.

Deliacarter1

HSC
Everyone do you think PDHPE is gonna look better on my resume comparing to Biology?
It seems like PDHPE is loads easier than Biology when comparing their 2010 HSC papers.
I know PDHPE is less scientific than Biology, and that PDHPE is in the catergory of Humanities instead of Science.
But overall, if I have to choose between the two subjects, which one will benefit more should I study it??

Admirawrl

HSC
I really enjoyed HSC biol, one of my best subjects but it was something I was really interested in. If you're not great it it'll be harder but you can still do well, a good teach really helps. As everyone says, pick what you enjoy not whats always gonna scale well,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)