How difficult was intro to business law? (1 Viewer)

sumguy

HSC
For the students who has already done this unit, how difficult was it? please give opinions..

Jonathan A

HSC
I loved the unit. It was refreshing and had an interesting twist to it.

BTW, I am mentoring and tutoring toward the unit this semester. PM me for more details.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
I failed this unit last semester, and im repeating it this semester. i hate it with a passion. its not difficult at all. oh no. it is just so.incredibly.boring. i HATE this unit!!! im spewing that i have to do it again. i failed because i don't enjoy spending my time studying for it, so of course i did poorly. and i probably will again. DIE BUSINESS LAW!!

pam17

like heaven to touch
HSC
I found this unit really easy. There were times when it was a bit boring and tedious but for the most part I found it relevant and I can imagine where it would be applicable in the business world. I would suggest Jonathan as a mentor - I heard good things about that program last year. :)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
Jonathan A said:
I loved the unit. It was refreshing and had an interesting twist to it.

BTW, I am mentoring and tutoring toward the unit this semester. PM me for more details.

look at your sig man.. NO WONDER YOU LIKED IT...

ask 80% of students who did business law, my money is on that they disliked it..

on a totaly unrelated fact... 60% of all statistics are made up on the spot

ps. pam 17 sounds like a lecturer

tubtub

HSC
hated intro to business law. its soooo dull and boring, my tutors were nazis, and i just cannot stand writing 2500 words on why john smith wanted to sue the bike shop cause he didnt get a spare wheel, or some shit like that.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
AHAHHAAH ohh man agreed. this is so fucked up. get this. the assignment 2 for this semester is up on WebCT. there are two questions. they are IDENTICAL to the questions from last semesters final exam! I AM SO ANGRY!!! i've already done these fucking questions!!! obviously, i didnt answer them very well, but since you can't get your exam papers back or any kind of feedback on your answers back, i will never know what i did wrong. it fucking sucks. Couldn't they have made up some new questions rather than stealing them from last semesters final, which according to them, 40% of students have already done?! (they reckon thats the failure rate).

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
tubtub said:
hated intro to business law. its soooo dull and boring, my tutors were nazis, and i just cannot stand writing 2500 words on why john smith wanted to sue the bike shop cause he didnt get a spare wheel, or some shit like that.
ahahahhaha said exactly like it is!! <3

Jonathan A

HSC
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However the unit is a must. If you provide a client or customer with the wrong information in your role as a professional, you need to know what cause of action your client may take against you.

To be ignorant of this will simply lead to unecessary litigation. Its a unit designed to give you some basic knowledge as to how the law operates in the business world.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
We all know what the unit is for. My complaint is that they could make it slightly more interesting! well... i suppose thats a bit too much to ask. Its actually impossible to make this unit interesting, same with any law unit for that matter.

Jonathan A

HSC
Upon reflection, one thing that UWS suffers from is how students want to be spoonfed information. The Unit is taught as best it can be. There are no videos on the Law of Contract, etc... Its very jam-packed with information because when you get in the real world, you going to get that. The University prides itself on how it well-prepares its students for the real world. It does a fantastic job, but too often some people abuse this by simply tagging along.

(I note to Shell, I don't refer to you in particular - just a general pattern that is emerging)

RabbitRabbit

HSC
N/A
^ Hey I think I was in your peer mentor last week.. you're pretty good! You make the subject slightly less dull to understand. Keep it up :)

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
Jonathan A said:
Upon reflection, one thing that UWS suffers from is how students want to be spoonfed information. The Unit is taught as best it can be. There are no videos on the Law of Contract, etc... Its very jam-packed with information because when you get in the real world, you going to get that. The University prides itself on how it well-prepares its students for the real world. It does a fantastic job, but too often some people abuse this by simply tagging along.

(I note to Shell, I don't refer to you in particular - just a general pattern that is emerging)
looooooooooool watever man.. ur not a lecturer or a professor.. your just a student like the rest of us..

also intro to business law is a 1st year subject, hence.. students are coming from school or tafe.. and its going to be the type of students that come to uws anyway..

uws have another acronym, u may of heard it and probably why ur at uws..

u went shit

L

LaraB

Jonathan A said:
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. However the unit is a must. If you provide a client or customer with the wrong information in your role as a professional, you need to know what cause of action your client may take against you.
haha nooooo !...

that's what us law students are for ;) if businesses "needed" to know this, in-house legal consultants/solicitors would be out of work!

Jonathan A

HSC
krisk85 said:
looooooooooool watever man.. ur not a lecturer or a professor.. your just a student like the rest of us..

also intro to business law is a 1st year subject, hence.. students are coming from school or tafe.. and its going to be the type of students that come to uws anyway..

uws have another acronym, u may of heard it and probably why ur at uws..

u went shit

Funny acronym lol

Mate, I did not profess to be a lecturer. You brought it up yourself!

If you want to be a failure, then do so. However do not think the rest of us are the same. UWS students have progressed very well. And sorry to say, just because you might be leading this miserable but yet "i-got-a-life' path, does not mean we are following.

I did not go to TAFE and no, I don't and did not go shit. I am at UWS because I want to be. I am pursuing my goals quite well. I realise that if I want to do well in life, that's my responsibility, not the universities - that's the difference!

4eyesnb

HSC
N/A
the difficulty is average, u should be able to pass if you prepare well.

krisk85

Random
HSC
N/A
Jonathan A said:
Funny acronym lol

Mate, I did not profess to be a lecturer. You brought it up yourself!

If you want to be a failure, then do so. However do not think the rest of us are the same. UWS students have progressed very well. And sorry to say, just because you might be leading this miserable but yet "i-got-a-life' path, does not mean we are following.

I did not go to TAFE and no, I don't and did not go shit. I am at UWS because I want to be. I am pursuing my goals quite well. I realise that if I want to do well in life, that's my responsibility, not the universities - that's the difference!
lol.. where did i say that? or even insinuate it.. in your own words You brought it up yourself!

good one, your very intelligent.. you belong at uws for sure!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)