How do I become an English Teacher? (1 Viewer)

nandison

HSC
Re: Uni / Course / Work

HEY I GOT A QUESTION
IF I WANNA BE AN ENGLISH TEACHER WHEN I FINISH SCHOOL , BUT I HAVE TO GO THROUGH TAFE , WHAT SUBJECT DO I TAKE AND HOW LONG DO I GO FOR??? :guitar:

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Surely a prerequisite to any Arts/Education degree with a major in English etc, would be Advanced English?

The problem with teaching is that it quite often fails to attract students from the top end of the spectrum. It needs more incentive.

HSC
Re: Uni / Course / Work

do it thru uni not tafe.... it will take u a lot longer if u go thru tafe.
but to do the tafe option u have to do early childhood studies and then from there try to get into uni, but i think u will have to do at least one year of primary teaching.... and then u can do ur education course for secondary

im at uni now doing teaching, some uai's are pretty low, newcastle was like 66 and if if u live in the western syd area they give u extra points (well they did last year)

nandison

HSC
URRM YERR COZ I ACTUALLY DROPPED OUT FROM DOING A UAI AND FULLY REGRET IT AND I JUST WANNA GO TO UNI AND DO SOMETHING IN TEACHING , I REALLY WANNA HELP THE INDIGENOUS PEOPLE BUHH DONT I HAVE TO LIKE GO THRU TAFE TO GET TO UNI FOR TEACHING ??? WHAT MARK DO YOU HAVE TO GET IN YOUR HSC TO ACTUALLY QUALIFY TO GET INTO TAFE FOR TEACHING??? DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO GET A UAI TO GET INTO UNI????:teacher:

exploding.soda

HSC
I personally think you should stay away from teaching; your sentences and articulation is horrible. If you want to help Indigenous people, there should be a few TAFE courses you could look into. Have a look. Hopefuly you will find something

compache

HSC
N/A
hahahaha, You read my mind.
exploding.soda said:
I personally think you should stay away from teaching; your sentences and articulation is horrible. If you want to help Indigenous people, there should be a few TAFE courses you could look into. Have a look. Hopefuly you will find something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)