How do i concentrate and put more effort and time in school work? (1 Viewer)

Subi

HSC
N/A
So im in year 11 and i have exams next week and i have done barely any study. i just can't focus on studying and keep getting distracted (i shouldn't even be writing this post). The sad thing is that im getting closer and closer to my HSC and still haven't made a change with wanting to exceed. Is there anything anyone can tell me on how to improve and excel in school? any tips that people can give from experience

RyanT7

HSC
There isn't really a magic formula, it's simple

Just stop procrastinating, study for however long you feel is required, profit !?!?!

There might be all these other fancy strategies to deal with procrastination, but if you simply set your mind to the task at hand, it really isn't that bad. I procrastinate a lot, and I know to fix it, all I really have to do is just stop being such a dropkick

parad0xica

HSC
N/A
Why are you easily distracted and cannot focus on studies?

Do you study because you want to or because you need to?

Do you have specific short-term or long-term goals for the HSC?

Small guidance for dealing with procrastination and work productivity: ever notice work productivity and efficiency skyrocket at critical times (near exams)? Explain this phenomena. How can this be induced during low-pressured situations? Will this solve your problems?

authenticity

Povo Child
HSC
If you're getting distracted, then all you need to do is remove the distractions. If it's your computer, print your notes out and grab your textbook, or print the past papers out, etc. If it's your phone, put your phone into your bag or leave it in another room. Then go somewhere quiet and work! That was the main issue for me (and still is :( lol) and whenever I did that, I managed to remain focused!

Error404

HSC
JUST DO IT.

Seriously, JUST DO IT.
Do it
Just do it

Don't let your dreams be dreams
Yesterday you said tomorrow
So just do it
Make your dreams come true
Just do it

Some people dream of success
While you're gonna wake up and work hard at it
Nothing is impossible

You should get to the point
Where anyone else would quit
And you're not going to stop there
No, what are you waiting for?

Do it
Just do it
Yes you can
Just do it
If you're tired of starting over
Stop giving up

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I don't feel like linking someone to a guy who got 99 atar is very realistic

Getting 99 atar is really only a prospect people in top 10 schools can really experience and have an actual shot at.
Eg. Ruse (1st) at rank 100th 99.2 atarish, Sydney Boys High (5th) rank 40-50th is 99 atar
The guide was actually written by me, so I am actually a girl, not a guy. Further, the fact I came from a school ranked at 150s but managed to get an atar of over 99 is prove its definitely not an aspiration only for people in top 10 school, it's not about the school, but about the effort you put in

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
The guide was actually written by me, so I am actually a girl, not a guy. Further, the fact I came from a school ranked at 150s but managed to get an atar of over 99 is prove its definitely not an aspiration only for people in top 10 school, it's not about the school, but about the effort you put in

Yeah basically what Strawberrye said

So stop judging and stop being a little shit to others

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

Also add to this istudent went to 300s ranked school (if I remember correctly ) still got 99+

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also add to this istudent went to 300s ranked school (if I remember correctly ) still got 99+

To be precise, that guy got 99.90 so really
So to PeterPan, using school ranking as an excuse or justification for not getting 99+ is one of the worst/lamest excuse one can use to justify laziness at the heart of it

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Some kid got 99.65 at my school (high 300's - low 400's)
Surprisingly he didn't even get a band 6 in english

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Porcupinetree got 99.90 ATAR and state ranked 3rd in Physics and came from a rank 200+ school without any tutoring

Mach_1

HSC
So im in year 11 and i have exams next week and i have done barely any study. i just can't focus on studying and keep getting distracted (i shouldn't even be writing this post). The sad thing is that im getting closer and closer to my HSC and still haven't made a change with wanting to exceed. Is there anything anyone can tell me on how to improve and excel in school? any tips that people can give from experience
Go to the library
See how hard others are studying
Be mentally invigourated
Panic
Study.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I don't feel like linking someone to a guy who got 99 atar is very realistic

Getting 99 atar is really only a prospect people in top 10 schools can really experience and have an actual shot at.
Eg. Ruse (1st) at rank 100th 99.2 atarish, Sydney Boys High (5th) rank 40-50th is 99 atar

To be precise, that guy got 99.90 so really
So to PeterPan, using school ranking as an excuse or justification for not getting 99+ is one of the worst/lamest excuse one can use to justify laziness at the heart of it
Some kid got 99.65 at my school (high 300's - low 400's)
Surprisingly he didn't even get a band 6 in english
Porcupinetree got 99.90 ATAR and state ranked 3rd in Physics and came from a rank 200+ school without any tutoring
rekt

bunnykun

HSC
Go to the library
See how hard others are studying
Be mentally invigourated
Panic
Study.

can confirm
seeing other people to do work makes me more motivated
peer pressure is a wonderful thing !!

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
can confirm
seeing other people to do work makes me more motivated
peer pressure is a wonderful thing !!
You got all da motivation at ur school den
At my school I am the motivation but I got no motivation :( so I go to parra library lel

Flop21

HSC
There really is no magic formula. But there is consistency. One you start it's easy to keep doing it.

But I understand starting is the hard part. It's just self-discipline, you just have to force yourself to do it.

Mach_1

HSC
You got all da motivation at ur school den
At my school I am the motivation but I got no motivation :( so I go to parra library lel
Ahah chatty library for me.
Am i the only one who eyes up ppl my age at the library and judge hmm wonder if im smarter than them... LOL im so lazy it has become an insecurity ;_;

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)