how do i find a job this summer? fuck all experience etc (1 Viewer)

hup

HSC
N/A
the only real work experience ive had is at a fast food chain for 6 months a year ago and i dont have any extracurriculars or volunteering shit, so my resume is horrible. i dont have any referees either.

im gonna have a truck load of free time after semester ends (2nd year uni) and i dont want to be stuck doing nothing, i really want to put in hours somewhere and make some money.

job applications everywhere even places like coles are asking for this kind of stuff which i just dont have and its very frustrating.

what do i do?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Is there a reason you don't want to do any extracurriculars or volunteering considering you know that it helps you market yourself?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Like Ozko said, why are you limiting yourself? You could be doing a internship during summer with a company which would help alot more then summer work at coles as a cashier. Nevertheless just go back to fast food if you want a job, go Mcdonalds,KFC,Dominoes etc..If you got experience and good availability you're basically hired already,those kind of jobs value related-work experience alot more then extra-curricular or volunteering.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)