How do I get good atar that is 80 and above and achieve academic success. (1 Viewer)

packrunner

HSC
Throughout much of my high school years, I have struggled with procrastination and academic performance. Unfortunately, this has resulted in terrible grades and a looming concern about my final ATAR. With the reality of the HSC fast approaching—there is about six months remain until October 15, which is the date outlined by NESA—I am compelled to rectify my academic trajectory, I feel like I am cooked and I need some guidance.

Given that a significant portion of my potential HSC marks has already been expended, leaving me with only 55% of my academic potential remaining, I am earnestly seeking guidance on how to bolster my performance and secure a favorable outcome. The subjects I am currently enrolled in include Mathematics Standard 2, PDHPE, Community and Family Studies (CAFS), Business Studies, and English Standard.

I am reaching out for advice on how to optimise my study habits, enhance subject comprehension, and ultimately excel in my chosen disciplines. Any insights, strategies, or resources that can assist me in maximising my academic potential would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this and if you read this for your assistance in this crucial matter.

brocolights

HSC
Throughout much of my high school years, I have struggled with procrastination and academic performance. Unfortunately, this has resulted in terrible grades and a looming concern about my final ATAR. With the reality of the HSC fast approaching—there is about six months remain until October 15, which is the date outlined by NESA—I am compelled to rectify my academic trajectory, I feel like I am cooked and I need some guidance.

Given that a significant portion of my potential HSC marks has already been expended, leaving me with only 55% of my academic potential remaining, I am earnestly seeking guidance on how to bolster my performance and secure a favorable outcome. The subjects I am currently enrolled in include Mathematics Standard 2, PDHPE, Community and Family Studies (CAFS), Business Studies, and English Standard.

I am reaching out for advice on how to optimise my study habits, enhance subject comprehension, and ultimately excel in my chosen disciplines. Any insights, strategies, or resources that can assist me in maximising my academic potential would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for reading this and if you read this for your assistance in this crucial matter.
@LuqmanA

Average Boreduser

𝙱𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚍
HSC
u rlly comparing my school with his😭
Well yeah. majority of your school didn't even get the chance to do an ext subject, let alone given the opportunity to do adv?? I can see in the hscninja though, in Merrylands, some students were given the chance to do the asian 5. And these are only students who b6ed. This shows the school isn't completely fixated on their ranking? I don't see exactly how your school supposedly is better if you have this many restrictions for your hsc experience?

Cherryy9

HSC
I think it is 100% possible to still get an atar that is above 80. You don’t only have your school assessments to get through but also HSC which plays a huge part!! In fact, the subjects you are doing - despite the school you go to can still work in your favour. I went to a school which is below the state average and got an atar above 95. I never studied for more than 3-4 hrs a day even during hsc, as I was battling a chronic health condition at the time, but I think in saying that it is crucial to develop good habits and perosnal resources early on. For instance, Cafs was the subject I spent the least amount of time on, however I made myself detailed notes with many examples and acronyms. I used these notes to do 2 short hsc responses a week and reviewed them for at least 20 minutes a week (even if I just read them on the way to school in the morning). In the end, I was able to get a 94 in Cafs. It is just about finding what strategies work for you, and what is achievable for you. I currently tutor for English advanced and biology, but if you ever need help for CAFs feel free to ask!
Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)