How do I improve in Maths? (1 Viewer)

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
Hello! Hopefully I am posting in the right place. At the end of Y9, I was ranked 8 out of 150+ students for Maths 5.3 and consistently achieved 90 or above in exams. As a result, I was moved into the top class. However, in Year 10, my marks have slumped to low to mid 70s and my rank is approximately in the 50 to 60s. Consequently, my confidence has plummeted. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Any help on how to improve in studying maths or doing well in maths exams will be greatly appreciated.
Thx!

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
You need to provide more details of what happened. Which new topics were you experiencing problems with. When you got lower marks, why were you getting lower marks? etc etc.
Without more background info, we can only guess what or where your difficulty lies.

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
I didn't really experience problems with the content in the maths topics (Term 1 - Indices, surds and measurement, Term 2 - probability and bivariate data). I struggle more with keeping calm during the exam, time management (both during the exam and in my own time) and knowing how to approach different questions. thx for replying!

idkkdi

HSC
I didn't really experience problems with the content in the maths topics (Term 1 - Indices, surds and measurement, Term 2 - probability and bivariate data). I struggle more with keeping calm during the exam, time management (both during the exam and in my own time) and knowing how to approach different questions. thx for replying!
not doing enough practice bud. iirc ice-em was pretty good.

yanujw

HSC
Go to THSC and do many, many practice tests to prepare for your yearly. Make sure you are doing them under exam conditions and marking them as well.

rubz07

HSC
Hello! Hopefully I am posting in the right place. At the end of Y9, I was ranked 8 out of 150+ students for Maths 5.3 and consistently achieved 90 or above in exams. As a result, I was moved into the top class. However, in Year 10, my marks have slumped to low to mid 70s and my rank is approximately in the 50 to 60s. Consequently, my confidence has plummeted. I do not know what I am doing wrong. Any help on how to improve in studying maths or doing well in maths exams will be greatly appreciated.
Thx!
omg this is happening to me too, on my first exam this year i barely past. I was literally traumatized by my first exams marks :')
so for the second exam I started studying like 2 weeks before the exam and used all the resources that our teacher had provided us. this kinda helped me and on the exam, and i managed to get way better than before. I also recommend using online resources and youtube videos, they really help!! oh, and I also started studying in the library after school once a week.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)