How do i incorpate 'context' into the essay of my frank/br essay? (1 Viewer)

mysticwater

HSC
N/A
For instance if the question asked to talk about values and ideas explored in both texts, i would still have to mention context, but where would i put this?

Do i make a seperate parapgraph after the intro which only talks bout the context of both texts?

or do i incorpate context into each body paragrpah, if so where?

Thanks for ur replies!

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
you mention it in each body paragraph, then you identify techniques from it. Wherever you see fit.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
A good way to do it is to say that the values and ideas in the texts are put forward due to their context. i.e: Shelley included the use of galvanism because that was hypothesised to bring dead organic matter back to life during her context. This ended badly because she didn't like science because she was a Romantic writer (extremley basic interpretation). Scott's context was worried about over-industrialisation, which the opening scene shows.

Just throw in your quotes and techniques to support and you've got yourself an English essay.

mysticwater

HSC
N/A
so is it correct to to somthin like this in a body ?
1)topic sentence stating idea and text
2)few sentences on context
3)how context links to idea with techs n egs
4)values
5)concluding statement

thongetsu

Where aren't I?
HSC
values should be expressed in techniques, other than that yeah.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Try not to make it a historical recount of the authors' contexts. I find it easier to say that value A is due to context because something was happening during their context. Then you can quote or use a key scene to support or show it. Then you can link in your next paragraph/text how or why they are similar/dissimilar.

lychnobity

HSC
well what values do these texts show?besides love, compassion
the nature of humanity
emotion
'parental' responsibility
malleable morality
corruption/obsession
selfishness/arrogance

now expand on it

Last edited:

future-doctor

HSC
So just clarifying, for a speech/essay on Frank and BR it is better to incorporate the context with the values presented by the texts, rather than treating them separately?

I have an assessment to do as well and i'm faced with the same problem, i've started off with context first and then values, so my speech will be easy to understand, but it seems that i haven't made the relationship clear enough. So i'm thinking of redoing the speech and going with the incorporation style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)