How do i know if my story is good enough? (1 Viewer)

brigittaclare

HSC
ok, so my teacher "likes where i'm headed" with my story, and i'm nearly finished, but i don't think he has any idea that i want to get E4 in english extension 2.
and i don't really trust any of my friends, because i'm writing for a more mature audience. but i'll give it a go, i just want to know how everyone is going about getting second& third opinions about their story.
and what mark (/50) are you aiming for?

i used to have a sot toy that looked like this>:wave:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
brigittaclare said:
ok, so my teacher "likes where i'm headed" with my story, and i'm nearly finished, but i don't think he has any idea that i want to get E4 in english extension 2.
and i don't really trust any of my friends, because i'm writing for a more mature audience. but i'll give it a go, i just want to know how everyone is going about getting second& third opinions about their story.
and what mark (/50) are you aiming for?

i used to have a sot toy that looked like this>:wave:
Post your story up here..............

Are you like 90% of other 4unit english people whose tutors """help""" them with their final work?

brigittaclare

HSC
lol i don't have a tutor for anything.
i think thats why i'm a little bit concerned, because i know there are heaps of eng ext 2 students who would have a tutor like that, and so i would be disadvantaged.
do you do it too?

miss-smexy

HSC
is your story post modern and something unexplored before? they love that.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
In the past I have helped (not ""HELPED"") some Ext 2 students with their stories. I have critiqued some Short Stories over the past 2 years.

I am an author (as yet, unpublished, but getting closer) and so I could help out. You could private message me or leave a message here if you want some help.

Anyway, let me know.

HSC
Try giving it to someone outside the school enviroment.

And it is possible to not go postmodern-y and get high marks...my story was set in WW2, eastern front, in first person, and the markers gave me 50 for it.

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC
Aiming for 50/50 which I think is possible since I'm coming second in the grade for Ext 2...

Yes, markers really love difference. My teachers looked at my concept and were like 'LOLWTFHhowdyoucomeupwiththat???'

snowconesyum

HSC
i suppose if i admit it to myself, i do want 50 - who doesn't ;) but that is really probably unrealistic considering how behind i am! 49 please please please. argh but it's not going to happen i still haven't finished!
with whether it's good enough - i reckon ask ppl who's opinions you respect to be EXTREMELY MEAN AND NITPICKY and then you'll get an honest, harsh critique out of them which can only help!

ixswans

HSC
Chibios said:
Aiming for 50/50 which I think is possible since I'm coming second in the grade for Ext 2...

Yes, markers really love difference. My teachers looked at my concept and were like 'LOLWTFHhowdyoucomeupwiththat???'
What was your concept, if you don't mind me asking ?

I'm doing the execution of a soldier of ones own country in WWI with differing perspectives.

HSC
Take a read of previous years notes from the Marking Centre, they'll give you an idea if your work is up to scratch.

georgefren

HSC
Well I'm hoping for 49 or 50. Because scaling is actually surprisingly bad for English4 so you need 49 just to scale to above 45. And your own teachers arent really allowed to mark it, nor are other teachers from your school (I've tried) so do what i've done and if you know any people in other schools, let other school's teachers assess your work. They're able to mark it without bias since they don't know you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)