How do i study for my math test? (1 Viewer)

Deen13A

HSC
I currently have a test coming up in about 2 weeks for mathematics extension and am struggling to find a way to study for my trig test, what ratio of practice tests to textbook exercise should i do? It is really weird and i need some some advice on what have worked for those who have done extension math.

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
Maybe 75% practice tests and 25% textbook exercises would be good. Doing textbook exercises ensures you have a thorough knowledge of trigonometry while practice tests allow you to apply your knowledge to actual test questions. You should be spending more time on the latter because while knowledge of the content is essential, not knowing how to apply your trig knowledge to exam questions is detrimental.

Deen13A

HSC
Maybe 75% practice tests and 25% textbook exercises would be good. Doing textbook exercises ensures you have a thorough knowledge of trigonometry while practice tests allow you to apply your knowledge to actual test questions. You should be spending more time on the latter because while knowledge of the content is essential, not knowing how to apply your trig knowledge to exam questions is detrimental.
The only problem for me is accessing these past paper resources, do you know any places where I can find some?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad

Qeru

HSC
I currently have a test coming up in about 2 weeks for mathematics extension and am struggling to find a way to study for my trig test, what ratio of practice tests to textbook exercise should i do? It is really weird and i need some some advice on what have worked for those who have done extension math.
Look at baulko term 2 exams in thsc they are perfect for further trig (Im assuming including double angle etc.)

tito981

HSC
i dont think you should do textbook questions for practice, i normally just do past papers after i have initially learnt the content.

idkkdi

HSC
i dont think you should do textbook questions for practice, i normally just do past papers after i have initially learnt the content.
does this work for you?
how many papers does it take for you to cover all the question types lol.

tito981

HSC
does this work for you?
how many papers does it take for you to cover all the question types lol.
it doesnt take too long until you see 90% of the question types, maybe after 5 papers i would be able to do most of the questions. Also when i start papers i normally just look at the solu if i havent seen it before. honestly, looking at past papers solus teaches me better than my actual teacher.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)