how do mobile phone plans work? (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
im still naiive over plans...ive been checking them out on the internet but i dont understand, ive been a prepaid mobile user mostly so yeah...

they say the three 29 plan, you pay 29 a month, and you get 120 credit...min spend is 20 and you get a free phone? does that mean whatever your usage, they deduct it from this 120 credit balance? if anyone is on a similar plan [e.g. voda, optus etc.] with similar "credit", how long will it last you?
and with min spend is 20, how much credit will you get? im a pretty low usage user, but ive been using more nowadays and i blow all my credit quickly. are mobile plans that good value?

thanks anyone who can clarify.

Abtari

HSC
Yes may seem like a dumb question but can anyone clarify the above. thanks

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Say a $29 plan gets you $120 worth of calls, text and a new mobile.

When you go over $120 worth of data usuage, they start charging you extra on top. So if you go over by $50, your next bill will be $79.

HSC
i cbf reading that long paragraph, but basically,

depending on what phone you get could mean like how much you pay.
so if its a 'free' phone then you only pay for credit.
so if it is the $29 cap then you will ALWAYS only pay $29 as long as you use with in the $120 limit.

but if you buy a phone that is '$15' a month, then you pay $15 PLUS the $29 for the credit. that is unless you buy a more expensive phone or if you want more credit.

edit: yeah what snowfox said LOL i said it so shit

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Its a bit misleading aswell, any ringtones, games, mobile tv or extra data usage you buy on the Three store is not included in the $30 or $120, it gets charged ontop.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I knew it was only a matter of time before the new era of mobile phone users wondered WTF is this cap thing? I mean... wouldn't it be easier just to set call rates at the real price, give us the amount of credit for what we pay, and not need to worry about limits and so forth?!!

You can thank 3 for pioneering this 'cap' idea back when they launched... ironically the deal was pay $99 per month and get unlimited phone calls and sms (i.e. there's a cap on how much you pay)... but due to people abusing this, the cap was restructured with the maximum (monthly) payable amount being limited to you using less than a certain amount of credit worth of calls. Great eh? >_>

GINN

Banned
HSC
N/A
they are just big company contract to suck your money with blood after lure you with big fancy font only to ignore fine print which is so small a rhinovirus cannot reading it.
to attracts the gulleble teenager who has been recently outsmated by coconut tree in there frontyard

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
they are just big company contract to suck your money with blood after lure you with big fancy font only to ignore fine print which is so small a rhinovirus cannot reading it.
to attracts the gulleble teenager who has been recently outsmated by coconut tree in there frontyard
:confused::confused::confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)