How do people study IPT? (1 Viewer)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Don't see why you'd need to cram for IPT since it's not really that much "definition" work but rather.. more of an understanding.

Beege

HSC
well i got 76% for my yearly exam (ranked 2/20), 90% for the group project and like 72% (ranked 5/20) for the overall mark in year 11 for this course and i crammed most of the time, if i didnt i would of got into the mid 80's or possibly the 90's for sure, i love computers and its like a second nature to me, i find that most of the stuff in IPT i can relate to because ive learnt/heard about the content before i started IPT. I can't wait to make the website in IPT next year!

Last edited:

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Oh God. Bumping up of another old thread. :p

Meh, I might as well join :D Well, I make notes on the textbook...and memorise them :p

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
seremify007 said:
Don't see why you'd need to cram for IPT since it's not really that much "definition" work but rather.. more of an understanding.
I think that's not entirely true - you might remember a concept and not be awarded any marks for it because you couldn't remember the term.

IPT can be fudged without actually understanding anything - you only need to remember stuff

falcon07

HSC
Write detailed notes based on the Syllabus regularly during the year. Use a variety of textbooks. Do lots of past papers, preferably in exam conditions. Make sure you mark them so you understand exactly what key words the markers are looking for. Write at least 2.5 lines per allocated mark. The more you write the greater the chance you will write something they are looking for (as long as you don't say something completely wrong). Make sure you can do schematic / context / data flow diagrams. Learning all the social and ethical issues will give you 6 or so free marks in the test.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I say for those of you who have left it very last minute... now's a good time to do the practice papers. Don't rush them, don't even force yourself to do them in the time period. Instead, focus on getting them right and giving detailed responses which show exactly what you think. In the HSC, you can even include diagrams, schemas, etc... to help convey your message. Whilst what ianc said is partially true, the questions which are actually worth anything beyond the 1mark MCs, require scenario.

If anyone wants me to read over their work, just post it up here (create a new thread too) and remember to post the question (scan it if it includes diagrams?). Whilst I'd like to help by reviewing work, I'm not going to go digging up past papers just to figure out what the question you're answering is!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)