• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do time table allocations work? (2 Viewers)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry for hijacking, but how do i enrol into a class which is full? The system somehow booted me out of the class and now I can't get back in T_T. It's the only class! I have 1 slot for it, but it's a seminar (what's a seminar??) and there are no details on it. So the staff are TBA, and there's no location or description or anything.

Please help! (sort of panicking)
I'm assuming it's IBP, that's the only one I know of (yet) which has a seminar. A seminar is pretty much the same as a tute, just that you have the guy talking and explaining stuff, and you do speeches etc... in class.

I'm not sure why you were kicked out, send an e-request and see if you can join, they might be able to put you in somewhere.

If i have a tutorial at building 5 then lecture at building 4. Will i make it on time?
Considering that the tute will probably end 5 minutes early and the lecture will probably start about 10 minutes late, you should make it with about 6-7 minutes to spare.

Last edited:

honsaw

HSC
N/A
so lectures usually start 10 minutes late and tutorials usually start right on the hour?

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
so lectures usually start 10 minutes late and tutorials usually start right on the hour?
It's a rough estimation, IBP for example, usually starts on the hour (depends on your tutor I guess) but every other tute I've had has started about 5 minutes late and finished 5 minutes early. Lectures, things like marketing/accounting/IBP usually start about 8-10 minutes late and finish about 5-10 minutes early, depending on how much there is to cover (even then it's rare a lecture will end on time, usually it's early).

Made a change to the above post, I meant early but wrote late.

honsaw

HSC
N/A
Do you know when is the last date to change our timetables?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)