how do u do? (1 Viewer)

lordesf

HSC
Hey all i have this Q tht i cant do dono if anyone could help..

here it is:
A morter is fired from a hill 43m high towards a target on the ground below. The muzzle velocity of 70 degrees to the ground. If the horizontal distance of the target from the morter crew is 770m,calculate by how far they will miss

my answer got was 415m..

however the answer was 44m not sure if its me or the answer.....:confused:

Skedd

HSC
so it doesnt say how fast the initial velocity is? only the angle?
cause i cant figure it out without that... how can you calculate how far it goes without knowing the speed? it could go 1m/s and fall incredibly short, or be going extremely fast and go flying out into space.
you may be able to do it, but i cant see how to do it, sorry.

then again im not that good at physics :p

Last edited:

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Are you missing some info here? You have said the elevation of the muzzle is 70 degrees to the ground but what is the velocity? OR, is it 70 ms-1 and horizontal to the ground??

Shengtai

HSC
the muzzle velocity of 70 degrees to the ground.

is it 70 degree or 70 ms-1:confused:

Mark576

Feel good ...
HSC
lordesf said:
Hey all i have this Q tht i cant do dono if anyone could help..

here it is:
A morter is fired from a hill 43m high towards a target on the ground below. The muzzle velocity of 70 degrees to the ground. If the horizontal distance of the target from the morter crew is 770m,calculate by how far they will miss

my answer got was 415m..

however the answer was 44m not sure if its me or the answer.....:confused:
How can you expect us to answer a question with vital details missing? :confused:

EDIT: Or perhaps that's why you got a different answer to the textbook/resource that has supplied this question? :D In that case, maybe it's the textbook's fault, but you still must review your wording, it does not make any sense.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)