How do u find the difficulty of engineering studies (1 Viewer)

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
Hey,
thought id see how easy/hard they think engineering studies is?
what do u have the most trouble with and what do u like about it?

i find its in the middle of being easy and hard. the onli thing i dont like about it is the long answers which require you to sometimes talk about stuff and society, also the fact that there are so many processes, properties and facts that we need to know. such as mild steel has 0.2% carbon, all the stuff about ductility and like extrusion of plastics and what that is used to produce.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
I think it is roughly as hard as either Chem or Phys.

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
how have u guys studied for it?
previously i onli skimmed through my notes because the test was the day after a weekend and i was caught up in all these activties.... but this year its different so hopefully i can get some proper study done. my test is tomorrow so ill probably summarise the whole engineeering studies excel book and do some quesitons and have a read of my hand outs.

fakingtheday

HSC
you gotta know the concepts behind the questions rather than wrote learning everything. If it asks what could be used here think of the application and what it will endure. Impact? that type of stuff.

Mat_Aussie

HSC
Hey Guys,

I find engineering pretty good overall

the theory stuff i can do pretty easy

its the mechanics that i have most trouble with, especially method of sections...i hate that

orthogonal drawings are good, but isometrics can get pretty tricky

i do both physics and ipt which gives me an advantage in the telecommunications module

skylinegtts

HSC
N/A
yeah ive found that physics and chemistry both help.... which is a plus... coz i sorta bludge through that sorta stuff

need_notes

HBK - Sweet chin music
HSC
i dont find engineerin 2 bad coz lyk i got 73%...im happy wid dat...& we got MR. fakingtheday who finx 93% is bad...it also depends on wot otherz get in the class aswell...if u got an average of 93% then itz understandable how ur thinkin but apart from that u shud b pleased wid urself

need_notes

HBK - Sweet chin music
HSC
hey riddles i lyk the ford gt in ur pic...where did u get that from...

need_notes

HBK - Sweet chin music
HSC
whoopz...isnt dis supposed 2 be an engineering forum...sorriezzz

Adam

HSC
The difficulty of enigneering studies depends entirely on what type of person you are. If you played with lego and pulled stuff apart as a kid, you'll do well in it.

I found it really enjoyable and becuase of that got a high mark. But that's like any subject you do. And Maths, Physics and Engineering Studies all overlap nicely in some parts, so it'll help you in all three.

ballistic_nerd

Wannabe Pro Gamer
HSC
I find it alright.
Didn't do to well though. I'm pretty much stuffed for the HSC.
My teacher has a lot of knowledge on the subject and has taught it for many years, but the past coulpe of years, his teaching methods seem to not be as good. I blame myself for not getting the teacher to do more work and ask him questions where i needed it.

The difficulty of enigneering studies depends entirely on what type of person you are. If you played with lego and pulled stuff apart as a kid, you'll do well in it.
Funny you should say that. My teacher gave us a task of building a car using a mousetrap as the energy source. I ended up attaching a simple lego car to the mouse trap and connecting a piece of string from the mousetrap to the axle of the lego car. Worked like a charm.

hipPo3

HSC
i find it interesting at times ..
it gets hard some times .. but majority is easy common sense

btw .. im prolly the only engineering student that doesnt do Chem or Physics
and if i can handle it .. so can u

need_notes

HBK - Sweet chin music
HSC
yup... ive seen some of my friendz examz in general and they're pretty easy...i do 3U newaiz...n itz not as hard as ppl describe it...so ive had a few problemz thruout the yr but i found it alrite in the end...newaiz cya lata...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)