how do u measure real GDP (1 Viewer)

MyLoveIsPure

HSC
My text book doesnt show how to caculate the real GDP. I remember the teacher showing me, but i really forgot :( so how do you caculate the real GDP...or was is the change in real GDP:bomb:

Mr-X

HSC
I don't have my forumla sheet right here in front of me but I remember in my trial there was a question which required you to calculate the real GDP in year 2.

There was a table which gave you the money GDP of year 1 and year 2 with the CPI of year 1 and year 2 respectively.
Real GDP of year 2 was calculated by: Money GDP (year 2) x CPI (year1)/CPI (year 2)

If that's not the forumla you are looking for I'll try to get the forumla you want (or maybe someone else will).

dcalla

Parkway Drive
HSC
N/A
Mr-X said:
I don't have my forumla sheet right here in front of me but I remember in my trial there was a question which required you to calculate the real GDP in year 2.

There was a table which gave you the money GDP of year 1 and year 2 with the CPI of year 1 and year 2 respectively.
Real GDP of year 2 was calculated by: Money GDP (year 2) x CPI (year1)/CPI (year 2)

If that's not the forumla you are looking for I'll try to get the forumla you want (or maybe someone else will).
this does not measure REAL GDP. this measure GDP GROWTH.

hence this is the Economic Growth formula

david1337king

HSC
1995: 4000*100/145 = 2758

2005: 7550*100/170 = 4441

Therefore, it is an increase in Real GDP. So Its either A or B. Since Mortality rate decreased, living standards have increased. Therefore, Its B.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)