• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how do u study for prelim? (1 Viewer)

dpospination

HSC
preams are at the end of the prelim course in year 11. u study for them the way u would usually styudy for exams

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
No difference in comparison to past years? Just write notes and revise consistently.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Don't.

Haha kidding, just listen in class and do homework (actually do it).

For notes, i didnt make notes, just take them from this site, i maintained an 85% average (top 30% for all subjects cept english ..)

ccc123

HSC
Razizi said:
No difference in comparison to past years? Just write notes and revise consistently.
The work load will be greater than in previous years, but the concept of revising cosistantly still applies. Rather than writing notes, I prefer to actually answer questions from the textbook to reinforce what I've learnt and ensure I'm on the right track. i think this is especially the case for Humanities. Nevertheless, if notes are helpful, do them as well :)

dpospination

HSC
yup, prelims can be studied for in the manner which u have always studied in the past if your ok with that

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
By asking people the character names in texts the morning of the exams then comming 2nd.

SpinCobra

HSC
Uni Grad
Rhanoct said:
By asking people the character names in texts the morning of the exams then comming 2nd.
LOL.

Prelims was a breeze. I didnt do anything the whole year. xD

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
This is how I do:
  1. I read over the textbooks (I have got 3 textbooks for each subject) and make notes for each textbook (it takes large amount of time)
  2. I look at all the notes everyday and memorise wherever I have to. But I try to understand before I memorise.
  3. I personally do not like BOS notes even though they are easy to access and use. It is just that you don't learn much from it. YOU LEARN MOST WHEN YOU DO IT YOURSELF!
  4. I listen to others for advices and they give me advices once they read over my notes. (Sometimes, I give my notes to them)
  5. I study Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and English everyday
  6. For other subjects, I make a timetable before exam and memorise. (since they are all stuffs that you have to memorise instead of undertand, it is just better to study just before exam)
FOR MORE INFO, PM ME

fjnpenguin

HSC
i make notes and just go over them when ever i get time n it works for me, does anyone else do the same and does it work for u or not? or is there a better way to study??

leoyh

mic`
HSC
i pretty much do what penguin said and it worked for me in prelims

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)