How do u study? (1 Viewer)

klaw

HSC
I work the most efficiently when there is a sense of urgency, i.e. day before.

P

pLuvia

By revising and memorising

Same here, I work better when I'm in a hurry i.e. assessment due next day :p

Riviet

HSC
N/A
The right way to go about it is study consistently, that is as often as you can, a little bit a day is good, although the problem is motivating yourself to do this. Alot of people including me are lazy or just don't start until the day before, this is also known as cramming if you didn't know lol and it is bad for you, but it's the most common method of studying (ironically :D).

ichiraku

HSC
Up until now I've always crammed for exams and even assignments (if you count doing starting them on the night before they're due). But I'm starting to get into a habit of makiing notes every evening and dare I say it even manage to study.

HSC
you guys sound like me, hmm except the difference is probably crammin and last minute work brings in better results for u.
thinking about studying just highlights all the other things i could be doing...
but then it is only a year

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
mmmm just force urself to do just a little bit every night, just keep on chipping away...doesnt have to be big (e.g. complete one science dot pt, summarise one paragraph...) but as long as u got progress, MEANINGFUL progress, then you'll be fine.

i strongly ill advise to cram. may work for some people, but, peoples i wouldnt risk it.

also discussions and study groups with friends and teachers is a great way to share and solve problems and issues, so that all aspects of an exam/assessment are covered.

also, sorry for being picky, but all the extra time people say "oh shit ive only got 1 night to do this" or "mate, im gonna fail" u COULD get some work done...

thats my 2 cents...lol

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
A rather old thread I wonder if the study techniques posted actually worked for the original poster.

As for a schedule that is easier said then done and a lot of people just have a list of things either in their head or on a piece of paper that they methodically go through and tick off as completed.

The best study advice to give anyone is to do "a little bit at a time!

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
I make notes as I go...and CRAM the week before! :p

...Then again. It feels good to already have notes written up, instead of *still* having to make notes when you have a history test the day after or something :p

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
It's better to be consistent, but everyone crams, and there's a difference between good and bad cramming.

Good cramming is say, having your essays collecting e-dust on the computer, and re-reading or memorising them at 10 pm, the night before the exam.

Bad cramming in this case would be writing up your essays at 10 pm, finishing at 1 am, having it memorised by 3 am, and fall into a stupor in the middle of the exam.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Cramming is highly productive and efficient because you are enforcing all the information into your head in an incredibly short amount of time. If you want to improve your study habits, try "cramming early", maybe a few days before the due date instead of on the night before, then work your way to a week and longer.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Ah but then it wouldn't be 'cramming' as such Riviet but that is a good tip and in theory it would be excellent, but we all know that the chances of that happening are slim to none when assignments are due and study needs to be done usually if it is a major assignment that will come first.

Although something to remember for the HSC and trials.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Mwuahahahaha looking at the above posts it seems like I've been doing 'good cramming' all along *ebil laughs* <-- spelling mistake intended :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)