How do we enrol (1 Viewer)

ioniser

HSC
Ok so when we get our uni preferences and they send us the letter for enrollment into the uni we got in.I know that unsw allows you to accept your offer online ,but does anyone know if we can do the same thing for other unis?(or is it still the same for the other unis where we have to actually be at the uni to accept our offer)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I think you can accept through the UAC website if you aren't told otherwise.

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Ull be issued with instructions on how to accpet ur offer, no matter what Uni, im pritty sure....

I think USYD, u actualy have to go Uni to enroll... not sure about other Unis

ioniser

HSC
^might be going on holidays after the release date so yeah,just seeing if i can do it all online

tennille

HSC
Like Physician mentioned, if you received an offer from usyd, you accept your offer by filling out the acceptance slip and handing it into the uni. This will be the day you enrol into your subjects. However, I am unsure of other unis.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
How to enrol at UWS

UWS usually sends more info out once you accept your offer. You can accept your offer online, but you are then given a specific date and time to go to the Penrith Campus to enrol.

Mandy101

HSC
I hope you can do it on the Internet 'cos my friends and I are going to be away when the offers are released.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Mandy101 said:
I hope you can do it on the Internet 'cos my friends and I are going to be away when the offers are released.

If your uni requires you to attend in person, they will also allow proxy-enrolments for people in your situation (i.e you find somebody to enrol on your behalf)

somecooldude

HSC
ioniser said:
Ok so when we get our uni preferences and they send us the letter for enrollment into the uni we got in.I know that unsw allows you to accept your offer online ,but does anyone know if we can do the same thing for other unis?(or is it still the same for the other unis where we have to actually be at the uni to accept our offer)
just for the record, the thread title says how do we enrol, but then you talk abt acceptance.

acceptance is different from enrolment.

i know unsw allows online acceptance, and so does uts.

macquarie, you got to do EVERYTHING in person. which sucks, cause there will be queues for sure. ahah

xing.su

HSC
macquarie, you got to do EVERYTHING in person. which sucks, cause there will be queues for sure. ahah
does it allow proxy-enrolments for people ?

i got a offer from MQ in the Preliminary Round, but i don't know what can i do with it? how can i accept this offer?

Last edited:

stargaze

HSC
Does enroll = accept offer.

From what I've been lead to believe is that we will get an offer by checking UAC site on the 18th, and can accept the offer online? Is this wrong?

I'm just a bit concerned cos I'll be overseas on the 18th.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
stargaze said:
Does enroll = accept offer.
No. Accepting the offer just means you click a button in the UAC site, which lets the uni know that you want to do that course. They will send information out to you a few days after that.

Enrol means that you usually physically go to the uni and fill in a billion forms - usually like HECS, what subjects your doing and what course you accepted the offer for, getting your student ID card, info about the uni etc.

stargaze

HSC
Hmm okay thanks.

Does anyone know the possibility of 'postponing' your enrollment? I'll be overseas during the enrollment for my potential course at USYD, and wondering if I can either get someone to do it for me or do it a few days after the official enrollment date.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
stargaze said:
Hmm okay thanks.

Does anyone know the possibility of 'postponing' your enrollment? I'll be overseas during the enrollment for my potential course at USYD, and wondering if I can either get someone to do it for me or do it a few days after the official enrollment date.

You will have to do a proxy enrollment. i.e you will have to find somebody to go to usyd and enroll for you. I believe this is the only option; you have to enrol at the allocated enrollment time for your course either in person or by proxy.

note: i know this is the case for usyd, dont know about elsewhere.

cimbom

HSC
So let's say you're going to accept your main round offer, even though it isn't your first preference. As we're all recommended to do... because you don't know what offer if any you will get in late/final rounds... you would only be accepting it, correct, but not yet enrolling? Acceptance comes before enrollment, and enrolling is in person after all offer rounds are complete? And acceptance of an offer in the separate rounds is always online?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
no you have to enrol, or the offer will lapse. enrollment in person is done in between rounds. i.e for usyd see http://www.info.usyd.edu.au/facts/dates.shtml for the dates.

If you then get an offer in a later round you contact the uni and cancel the enrollment. You then get your Student fees refunded and as well as any up-front HECs/ full-fee payment you made returned to you. (If the other offer is at another uni) You then go enroll for your late round offer.

cimbom

HSC
Thanks so much for your help and the relevant USYD info :) .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)