• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

How do we write a reflection for Mod C? (1 Viewer)

katiekms

HSC
Could anyone explain or provide samples (or where to find them)?

"Once you have created your piece of writing, you must submit an annotation of the piece, detailing the techniques used and the challenges (and/or successes) of the writing process." - this is the only info ive gotten on it from the assessment, and my teacher is on leave so i have no idea what to do.

Thank you guys!

roseviolett

HSC
you basically justify choices you made, like if you were analysing your piece of writing.
quote your writing and point out any techniques used, how it fits the stimulus (i assume your task is to write from a stimulus? but otherwise just how it fits the question), and how it's influenced by whatever your mod C text is
as for the challenges or successes? if your stimulus is kinda vague you could mention that as a challenge maybe.. or if the techniques in your mod C text are hard to use you could mention that

ik this is most likely a hand-in task but in the exams for mod C give yourself enough time to write the reflection - in my exam I didn't finish it and I think i could've gotten a few more marks for it if i had. if you struggle with time management like me then try to practice writing the reflection in a more summarised way

katiekms

HSC
you basically justify choices you made, like if you were analysing your piece of writing.
quote your writing and point out any techniques used, how it fits the stimulus (i assume your task is to write from a stimulus? but otherwise just how it fits the question), and how it's influenced by whatever your mod C text is
as for the challenges or successes? if your stimulus is kinda vague you could mention that as a challenge maybe.. or if the techniques in your mod C text are hard to use you could mention that

ik this is most likely a hand-in task but in the exams for mod C give yourself enough time to write the reflection - in my exam I didn't finish it and I think i could've gotten a few more marks for it if i had. if you struggle with time management like me then try to practice writing the reflection in a more summarised way
thank you so much!!

zepplu

HSC
Could anyone explain or provide samples (or where to find them)?

"Once you have created your piece of writing, you must submit an annotation of the piece, detailing the techniques used and the challenges (and/or successes) of the writing process." - this is the only info ive gotten on it from the assessment, and my teacher is on leave so i have no idea what to do.

Thank you guys!
also make sure to include quotes and specific structural and language techniques, or really just any ideas that you found interesting, from your chosen mod c text that has inspired your piece of writing
good luck for your assessment!

roseviolett

HSC
also make sure to include quotes and specific structural and language techniques, or really just any ideas that you found interesting, from your chosen mod c text that has inspired your piece of writing
good luck for your assessment!
i think you can do this for a hand-in task but i don't think you need to do this for hsc (but its probably dependent on the text ofc). referencing techniques should be fine

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)