How do you access your overall ranks and overall internal marks? (1 Viewer)

Road Runner

HSC
hi

I was just wondering, now that all the final ranks and internal marks are being finalised and sent to the board, is there any way to have access to these ranks/internal marks so that you can see them for yourself?

or is the only way you can see these is on the final report cards?

thanks.

me121

Premium Member
HSC
you should be able to get the ranks from the boards web site after the hsc exams are over. as for the marks. they never tell you these.. though i got mine from a foi request.

Road Runner

HSC
me121 said:
you should be able to get the ranks from the boards web site after the hsc exams are over. as for the marks. they never tell you these.. though i got mine from a foi request.
oh okay, but how come we can't see it straight away and have to wait till the hsc exams are finished?

also, do we get our overall ranks listed in the final end of year report cards?

thanks.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
^
Yep, we get our overall final ranks for our subjects....it will be on our report cards.

But what sucks is that we don't get to see our overall assessment mark though! And I don't know why....

me121

Premium Member
HSC
BoyNextDoor said:
But what sucks is that we don't get to see our overall assessment mark though! And I don't know why....
I agree, I think we should get told, but the thing is the marks that the school sends in to the board do not have to be and aren't always the same as the final mark you calculate based on your raw marks in each task and its weighting. The school may for instance standardise the marks for each assessment task, then add them up and send them in.

To stop people then complaining about why the mark they calculated from the weightings and raw marks being different to the mark that the school sends into the board, the board just generally not tell you.

BoyNextDoor

HSC
me121 said:
I agree, I think we should get told, but the thing is the marks that the school sends in to the board do not have to be and aren't always the same as the final mark you calculate based on your raw marks in each task and its weighting. The school may for instance standardise the marks for each assessment task, then add them up and send them in.

To stop people then complaining about why the mark they calculated from the weightings and raw marks being different to the mark that the school sends into the board, the board just generally not tell you.
Oh ok, that makes sense then. But it still would be good to see how we went by the end of the year.

Thanks. :)

Road Runner

HSC
BoyNextDoor said:
^
Yep, we get our overall final ranks for our subjects....it will be on our report cards.

cool can't wait to get my report card then :)

Road Runner

HSC
me121 said:

yeah I guess you're right. Anyways, I don't really want to know the marks, only the overall ranks coz then you can predict whether your internal mark is high or low from your overall rankings :)

thanks for your reply :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)