How do you choose three ideas to explore in your body paragraphs? (1 Viewer)

fan96

617 pages
HSC
Uni Grad
Take this previous HSC question, for example:

Explore how time and space are used in Shakespeare's Hamlet to shape the audience's understanding of corruption
You could do one paragraph on time and one on space but you have nothing left for the third and you can't integrate the two together as well.

In general, how do you decide what three ideas will make up your body paragraphs?

maths314

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not a big fan of your approach to this particular Hamlet question. What I did when I practiced this question was dedicate 3 paragraphs to all the different aspects of corruption in the play (i.e. sexual through Getrude and Ophelia, moral re Hamlet, and general corruption with Claudius). Remember that Mod B is about 'time and space' or a ciritical study of audience's perceptions at that time. So, I would reference time and space, and varied audience's understandings of corruption throughout the paragraphs.

In a general essay, what I would recommend is to find the 3 most pertinent aspects or concepts of your text and build a paragraph on each. When the exam comes (and the essay question), try to adapt these ideas to the questions, and intergrate the concepts of the question with your conceptions of the text.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)