How do you deal with school pressure? (1 Viewer)

How do you release your pressure at school?

• Hang out with friends /talk to friends

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • watch TV/ Movie

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • Go online/ play computer games

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • play sport

Votes: 25 32.1%
  • talk to parents

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • reading

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • eating

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • play musical instrument

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • sleeping

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Others

Votes: 21 26.9%

• Total voters

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
simonloo said:
I'm surprised no ones said wanking. Admit it. All of you.
Simontoilet..I'm shocked and apalled
:p
Not really.
Will have to tell Minn2, she'd love hearing about this post
=)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
HKHSCstudent said:
agree....They find it annoying if we complaint about stress..../.

And they have every right to. Why don't you start comparing the lifestyle that your parents had back then, as opposed to the world you're living in now? Your only task now is to read and study, fucking textbooks for two years - not very hard is it? And if you fail, you can make up for it, another 2, 5, 10 times, if you’re stupid enough. Hence, a majority of us have it easy, if you haven't noticed.

Last edited:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Play games, listen to music and watch comedy shows on the net.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
hopeles5ly said:
And they have every right to. Why don't you start comparing the lifestyle that your parents had back then, as opposed to the world you're living in now? Your only task now is to read and study, fucking textbooks for two years - not very hard is it? And if you fail, you can make up for it, another 2, 5, 10 times, if you’re stupid enough. Hence, a majority of us have it easy, if you haven't noticed.
yeah, doing a typing course at TAFE sure was the hard life. =/ U MADE A SWEEPING ASSUMPTION THAT ALL OUR PARENTS WERE POOR AZNS WHO GREW UP WITH ONE DUCK AND A RICKSHAW THAT MAKES U RACIST.

i always whinge to my mum. she doesn't care, she likes it cause it means i'm actually communicating with her. :santa:

cs01001

HSC
hopeles5ly didn't make any assumption, cause HKHSCStudent is indeed Asian, lol

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Jachie said:
yeah, doing a typing course at TAFE sure was the hard life. =/ U MADE A SWEEPING ASSUMPTION THAT ALL OUR PARENTS WERE POOR AZNS WHO GREW UP WITH ONE DUCK AND A RICKSHAW THAT MAKES U RACIST.

i always whinge to my mum. she doesn't care, she likes it cause it means i'm actually communicating with her. :santa:
I'm referring to the OP, and she's indeed asian.
Lose.

Last edited:

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
HKHSCstudent said:
There's a lot of pressure in year 11 , exam pressure, assignment pressure , peer pressure, parents pressure...............Everyone has their own way of dealing with pressure . For me , I like to play sports, watch TV , hang out around shopping centres to release it... How do everyone release their pressure at school?
I like your poll. You've really indicated great ways to relieve stress and to deal with school pressure. :)

I wouldn't say that watching TV and playing computer games is a good stress-reliever for some year 12 students because they're addictive but a little bit of those wouldn't hurt.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I LOVE BBALL ! I get all vicious and angry and sometimes my team even wins ! ^^"

I also do the whole music, tv, net and eating thing. That probably explains my obesity ! xD And crying .. that I LOVE ! =] but yeah .. I don't do well with friends and stuff so it's all independence and isolated stuff I do to relieve stress ..

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
The old fashioned way - stress ball, yo'.

But really, take up kickboxing etc. It really helps to release stress and pent-up anger. And, the adrenaline rush doesn't hurt either.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
oh yeah ! i might take up part-time boxing. Friend said I had the body for it and she says it will really help with the stress. Sounds fun, just not sure if I have the time. =/

Faytle

open fire.
HSC
Drowning myself in music helps me.

But yeh, I really should take up some kind of sporting activity too. Lazy shit. :(

cccclaire

HSC
Telekinetik said:
The old fashioned way - stress ball, yo'.

But really, take up kickboxing etc. It really helps to release stress and pent-up anger. And, the adrenaline rush doesn't hurt either.
I tried kick-boxing, I really hated it.
Like whats the point? Theres no aim.
Sport should have an aim.

I do netball and tennis.
Netballs pretty good because you can let your stress out by bitching at the other team. Tennis is meh, I don't play that much anymore really.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I wouldn't mind trying boxing to relive stress. Just get a punching bag, and jab all the way til you've released all that anger! :)

cs01001

HSC
I will probably get tired after a 10 minute frenzy at the punching bag

becthelank

Study Avoider
HSC
exercise...playing sport....a lot of effort but def worth it. apparently the average hsc student puts on 5 kilos...so exercise is the best option to counteract all those mid study fridge visits

Tiffanys

Executed member
HSC
ewww i hope that 5kilos of muscle from all the extra exercise to combat 'stress'. if i dont exercise i get stressed.

cs01001

HSC
Yeah, you need to draw Adrelanaline to hit a bag... guess you can't gain Adrealanaline by hitting a bag, lol

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
magpam said:
what fucking pressure? school isn't that hard. i hate my school but for other reasons. it is you that is putting pressure on yourself. the schools, media, friends (not so much parents though) couldn't care less if you pass or fail nor should it be worth sliting yourself on the wrist. it is you putting pressure on yourselves. so why choose to be stressed out for? if you can't handle the pressure the just drop out of school already it might save your life or at least stop you from attempting suicide :eek: .
:confused: k, two points from me:

1) You're wrong. There are schools that put pressure on their students. that's great that yours doesn't, be fucking thankful you don't go to a selective school, but don't be ignorant. Just because your school is laid back don't mistake all other schools for being the same.
2) WTF are you going on about sliced wrists for? Was there a suicide post written here or something?

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
cccclaire said:
I tried kick-boxing, I really hated it.
Like whats the point? Theres no aim.
Sport should have an aim.

I do netball and tennis.
Netballs pretty good because you can let your stress out by bitching at the other team. Tennis is meh, I don't play that much anymore really.
I think it has the same aim as running, or going to the gym, I guess?

cfair said:
Sorry, but how can you get an adrenaline rush from hitting a bag?
Well, you don't necessarily hit a bag - you hit other people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)