How Do You Find Multimedia ? (1 Viewer)

n@ttyb

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
. is it hard to get a band 6 in this subject ?
If you really enjoy this particular field, and you are commited and will work, then it is possible to get a band 6. We had one girl who got it... worked her ass off... but she got it.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
hmm .. is it really that hard to get a band 6 in multi ? .. you really have to "work your ass off" ?

yoda109

High Monk
HSC
In 2005, 8% of students got Band 6. That's for all of Industrial Technology, there could be a much higher percentage for Multimedia given the relative candiditure.

And, of course, you cannot rely on statistics as a guarantee.

Last year we (school) had 6 band 6s, out of about 40 people.

Sle3pe3bumz, check back on Thursday after we've all sat the paper for reactions :p

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
yoda109 said:
In 2005, 8% of students got Band 6. That's for all of Industrial Technology, there could be a much higher percentage for Multimedia given the relative candiditure.

And, of course, you cannot rely on statistics as a guarantee.

Last year we (school) had 6 band 6s, out of about 40 people.

Sle3pe3bumz, check back on Thursday after we've all sat the paper for reactions :p
damnnn .. well ii heard one guy in my schoolo got a band 6 last year .. hmm .. ii assumed it was quite easy ..

hmmmms .. okaay .. ill be backk .. thanks

HSC
n@ttyb said:
no i meant that we actually did nothing at all in year 11.... we could have started the major proj, if it wernt for lack of interest. ( played games).
I was just about to say that is extremelly unfair our teacher was very strict upon us not being able to start until year 12 at all. As it is the hsc part of the course to do the major project not the preliminary.

fckforever

HSC
Yeah, Multimedia was a bludge.
It's a pretty easy subject, especially how you could get marks just by making shit up in exams.
All you need to do is be motivated enough to start and finish projects+major work.
All we did for Year 11 and 12 is go on the internet or just sitting around talking. I actually wasted a lot of my time doing nothing and started my major at the end of term 2. But I managed to finish that [+ 2 other majors] without going too insane.

Hahaha.

bananasmoothy

SHAKEN not StIrReD
HSC
Go look at the exam thoughts forum and see.

BUT, advice for you: bash the information out of your teacher a few weeks before the exam. Because unless you go to a school with really good Multimedia teachers, they aren't going to give you anything much, if at all.

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
hmm .. so like how did you guys go with your exams ? =]
Also make sure you learn about the industry study well. It is 60% of the test and is quite simple if you learn the stuff. If you do have a crappy teacher you can always teach yourself off hsc online and it gives you all the notes you need the rest is just common sense.

StrykerV

Usually in the vicinity of my computer :D
HSC
Hi,

I found MM to be my favourite subject using 3D Studio Max :D

well, all three of my favourtire subjects were band B lol (Cisco, IT, MM)

if you enjoy what you're doing then the hard work will be REALLY satisfying, otherwise you probably won't be putting in the time and come up with a mediocre major.

I spent about a tenth of my time at school and the rest i worked at home. The 3D renders took ages though hehe

i ended up with 94% for my major and 91%, i think, in my exam

Good luck!

HSC
im finding it pretty gud in yr 12 and im getting hectic marks in it aswell :headbang:. For the major project im using Visual Basic :D

Valefore

HSC
well its a pretty good subject if you like computers and being creative, also dont really have to be good at it cause i just started it and you learn things as you go, so probably basic computer skills.

Mikiie

HSC
Not particularly enjoying it, getting very close to my major work due date, and my new teacher pretty much told me my idea was useless, I'm stumped.

JT2095

HSC
by the sounds of things, most of the teachers are/were the same, incompetent and unsure of what the hell they are supposed to do, but i am happy with the work i did, regardless of what my teacher said to do - he wanted me to do something completely different to what i was doing and incorperate it into the project. i was focused on what i was creating.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)