• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

How do you get into big business? (1 Viewer)

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I was wondering what degree you'd have to do to get into Executive-type work. Like Apprentice-esque work and general big dollar, cash money shit - weeeeerd.

B. Comm?
B. Comm (Lib)?
B. Eco.Sco.Sci?

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
High risk --> high returns. If you want cash go black market and start selling drugs.

X

xeuyrawp

Meldrum said:
I was wondering what degree you'd have to do to get into Executive-type work. Like Apprentice-esque work and general big dollar, cash money shit - weeeeerd.

B. Comm?
B. Comm (Lib)?
B. Eco.Sco.Sci?
Pretty simple, James. You're going to do Law at USyd with Commerce.

arooshika...

HSC
my mate quit yr 12 earlier this year and is going to work at some dutch electriction company owned by a bigger compnay...i cant rememebr the names because they are wierd and long but i do know he will earn 35000 a year

X

xeuyrawp

sikeveo said:
If meldrum gets 99.6+ ill give him $20.
If you're willing to bet, I bet 100$ to your chosen charity that he will get over 99.6.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
lil_dudette said:
but he will earn 35000 a year
=.= 35K is not alot to think about it..

:D 15 pairs of manolo blahnik, 5 designer dresses, 50 colorful lee jeans, 20 nobody jeans, 10 latest dior glasses, 1 channel tote = 35 000

RIZAL

HSC
MBA at Hahvahd, Wharton, INSEAD etc is your best bet. But this is a long way down the road for you buddy.

That said, you can't just flash your qualifications at someone and get in with the real 'big ballers'....it's all luck and connections. Good luck though!

slinky

A Very Important Member
HSC
N/A
santaslayer said:
go actuarial/finance/law/commerce/mba
and forget bout ever havin a life.....haha.............but atleast when u retire u can buy an island or 3 :p :p :p

Rorix

HSC
Has it occured to you that you are asking a board of students who are NOT RICH as a result of their own career how to GET RICH?

hipPo3

HSC
Rorix said:
Has it occured to you that you are asking a board of students who are NOT RICH as a result of their own career how to GET RICH?
exactly ..

if u want to get rich .. do/make something that others havent done

stazi

Nightman
HSC
<3 the apprentice.

Best bet would to eventually go into consulting if you want $$$$ and sexy time.
A typical career plan:

Commerce-related degree (majors in marketing, maybe finance, accounting, international business, economics) -----> honours year ----> high demand job with promotions etc (for about 6 years) -----> MBA at a US university

Harvard apparantly has aprox the following stats
Avg salary of student prior to MBA: US$60,000
Avg salary of student 1 year after completion of MBgAy: US$70,000
Avg salary of student 5 years after completion of MBA: US$130,000

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lil_dudette said:
my mate quit yr 12 earlier this year and is going to work at some dutch electriction company owned by a bigger compnay...i cant rememebr the names because they are wierd and long but i do know he will earn 35000 a year
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You're too stupid to be true.

Soma

Toney Starks Fanboy
HSC
stazi said:
<3 the apprentice.

Best bet would to eventually go into consulting if you want $$$$ and sexy time.
A typical career plan:

Commerce-related degree (majors in marketing, maybe finance, accounting, international business, economics) -----> honours year ----> high demand job with promotions etc (for about 6 years) -----> MBA at a US university

Harvard apparantly has aprox the following stats
Avg salary of student prior to MBA: US$60,000
Avg salary of student 1 year after completion of MBgAy: US$70,000
Avg salary of student 5 years after completion of MBA: US$130,000
Fuck off the marketing.

If you want to get into big business you need to know how a business works. The most intuitive major for this is accounting. Accounting will give you an idea of cashflow systems, budgeting e.t.c. something essential to all higher management.

My advice would be to do accounting possibly with a law degree. Then do a CA after your degree.

Oh and then do an MBA later on, but this is something that there's not much point in doing until you are already established in an industry.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Wonder how hard it is to actually get into harvard business school *strokes chin*

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Thanks, guys (-bar the nameless homo).

If only I could rustle in on Apprentice 5, pay off Donald 'Sexy buns' Trump with many blowjobs and buttsecks...AND WIN!

*sigh*

But life is a long time, I may get there.

Last edited:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Soma said:
Fuck off the marketing.

If you want to get into big business you need to know how a business works. The most intuitive major for this is accounting. Accounting will give you an idea of cashflow systems, budgeting e.t.c. something essential to all higher management.

My advice would be to do accounting possibly with a law degree. Then do a CA after your degree.

Oh and then do an MBA later on, but this is something that there's not much point in doing until you are already established in an industry.
That's why I said accounting as one of the majors.
However, for 'apprentice-type' stuff, marketing is excellent.
You will likely get people underneath you to do budgeting, etc if you make it to upper management

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)