How do you know if the tutes start this week? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyni

HSC
Last Semester, it was really annoying because only 2/4 of my subjects had the tute starting in the first week. How can you find out for each individual subject.

-Anfernee-

HSC
the best way would be to just contact your course lecturers/tutors via email/phone and ask..there might also be something mentioned in the course guide.

ippie

HSC
what units are you doing? I know the computing department have a website up saying when classes start. (see here) I dunno about other departments.

Last edited:
X

xeuyrawp

The same thing's said every semester. Try to find out by emailing the lecturer, looking on Blackboard, or asking people.

If the tute is after the first lecture, then you'll be able to ask then, if it's before the first lecture, it's best just to go. It's really not that much a hassle to go to a tute if it's not on.

Roguey

HSC
Not to sound like I'm hijacking the thread, but how would i check if ELEC166 has a mixed class in the first week? I don't know who the coordinator is, and i can't find the unit outline. Does anyone know if it does or doesn't?

-Anfernee-

HSC
If the tute is after the first lecture, then you'll be able to ask then, if it's before the first lecture, it's best just to go. It's really not that much a hassle to go to a tute if it's not on.

It is a hassle, not everyone has the luxury of attending classes that aren't scheduled and wasting a couple of hours of their day.

Some people have jobs/extra curriculars and a social life to manage in a week instead of wasting time going to a tute that isn't on.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Your education is more important than your part-time job or social life. If you don't have the inclination to find out when your tutes are scheduled, you really have your priorities mixed up. It's really not that difficult.

-Anfernee-

HSC
Your education is more important than your part-time job or social life. If you don't have the inclination to find out when your tutes are scheduled, you really have your priorities mixed up. It's really not that difficult.

You missed the point of the thread.

The OP does have the inclination to find out when his tutes are scheduled, that's why this thread was made, you're just blabbing on about your little uni experience..

X

xeuyrawp

It is a hassle, not everyone has the luxury of attending classes that aren't scheduled and wasting a couple of hours of their day.
Oh great, another one. :rolleyes:

If you're studying full-time at uni, then you have to be prepared to devote 9-5 to university. You can't go out and get a job during that period and then come on here and say that I somehow have 'the luxury' to do something because I understand what the word 'full-time' means. Do you think you can get a full-time job and say 'well I'm not coming in after lunch if there's no work, as I've got other stuff to do.'? It's exactly the same.

From Monday, semester is full-time, ie even if you have a tute on at 9am, you should go. Sorry, but it's so annoying that so many people at MQ somehow think that they have some right to whinge about coming into uni, doing assignments, not having their ideal timetable, juggling their social life etc, when they signed up full-time. It's obviously the problem of flexibility; people think they're entitled to going out in the middle of the day and having a big job.

Put simply: If you don't want to be prepared to come into uni full-time, don't enrol. It's pretty straight-forward. Otherwise, stop whinging about it and get on with it.

That being said, this thread is made every semester and the discussion always ends up in the same place.

As was said:

Try to find out by emailing the lecturer, looking on Blackboard, or asking people.

Lastly, remember that this is uni. If you don't want to arrange your life, then don't. *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)