How do you know if you like someone or not? (1 Viewer)

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
Well, I don't know if this has been asked before or not. But, I don't know if this happens with people or not, but I guess with me, sometimes I don't know whether I like this person or not. It's just weird, well, more like, its same as I can't tell when that person likes me...

So... How do you know whether you truely like someone or just a once off thing? Because I don't wanna go out with someone for one week, then realising that you don't like them at all.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
wow! never thought some1 had to ask a question, how do you know if you like some1?

i suppose when you dont stop thinking about them
when you daydream about them, sexually. (hahaha)
and other ... stuff lol
wanting to be with them, wondering what they are doing etc...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Hooking up seems to work for me. I've only ever hooked up with one chick I actually liked and it was a lot better than the ones I really wasn't interested in.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
well to me love is not a concept that you can grasp straight away, it takes years to develop. its when your practically willing to do ANYTHING for the person your with. and no i don't mean the saying i mean literally ANYTHING even to the extent where your willing to give up your own life for them. You are willing to sacrafice your own happiness for them just so that they can be happy even if that means you giving up them for another guy whom you know will make them more happy. You won't judge them despite their wrong and hurtful actions and behaviour which may have impacted on you as you know their true self. And when your willing to commit your whole life to them no matter what comes in the future.

all that "thinking about someone 24/7 and wondering what their doing" is just rubbish to me. its justs obsession of that person and not love. teenage love never works. in MOST cases (not saying all) they just go out for a few days and then just break up.

Last edited:

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
woah you ^^^ ease up
he said 'like'
not love.. fuck its a teenage website.. sure no1 is going to take their own lives for some1 (at this age i hope not!!!!)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
MzbLaZeIT said:
woah you ^^^ ease up
he said 'like'
not love.. fuck its a teenage website.. sure no1 is going to take their own lives for some1 (at this age i hope not!!!!)
yeah seriously if anyone does that at this point in their life, i have nothing to say but good luck ! also i hate seeing people get married at such a young age, they usually just end up getting divorced not so long after. anyways from how he was saying:

"So... How do you know whether you truely like someone or just a once off thing? Because I don't wanna go out with someone for one week, then realising that you don't like them at all"

it was implying to me that he wanted to get serious and establish a relationship that will last for a long time with someone that he truely loved and not someone that he just "liked". my thoughts anyways !

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
When they physically start looking more attractive because you're attracted to them emotionally.

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
Lainee said:
:p I guess that's why this dating thing hasn't been working well for me... guys tend to get less attractive the more I learn about them. ...not sure yet if it's the guy who is the problem, or is my attraction to someone directly proportional to their level of mysteriousness. Hmm.
You need to consider the reason why you "like them".

You may "like them" or you may "like them filling a whole in your life".

arrested development
HSC
I have such a problem when it comes to liking people. I really like guys when they ignore me and don't show any interest, but then if I chase them and they start to like me back I get super freaked out because I think "who the fuck would like me?
Then they stop liking me and I like them again. :confused:

So, in answer to your question, I don't know.

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
^^ totally agree..
its starts usually with a crush....stop thinking so much about it and go with the flow....i mean if you like them great the biggest problem is too find someone who likes you back just as much....so don't hold any expectations...cos then comes dissapointment and a devaluing yourself cycle....
but i'm glad you have found someone you like...GOODLUCK!

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
well, yeah ... i read it somewhere dat 80% of marriage under 25 don't last, so hahaha yeAh! .. but I wanna get married wen i'm 24ish ...

anyways, most of the time, i don't understand myself, like i mean, i know they like me, but i sometimes feel dat i like them, but other times, i don't even think about them. haha soo .. i guess ... oh i don't know

oh with the quote "if you think about them all the time"
but i do dat with a lot of my friends ... so u know, then dat won't work ..

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
well it has to be something different. i mean, hopefully you dont think about kissing your mates, or you could end up with some sticky situations.
but you want to be with them... i guess you think about being close to them and stuff. its something you cant put down on paper or explain to someone else unless you feel it yourself.
sometimes its a small kinda attraction, and sometimes it hits you like a freight train.
depends on what you're like and what the other person is like.

santaslayer

HSC
hmm..I have raised similar questions in the past to myself..

i just concluded that i would want to be with that person..not necessarily thinking about them 24/7...just wanting there presence more often than other ordinairy people..

Zefie

HSC
Even though they annoy the hell outta you, you still find yourself thinking about them non-stop.

You miss them even though they're only at the other side of the room.

This crazy thing called 'love' drives me absolutely insane.

felixcthecat

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
all that "thinking about someone 24/7 and wondering what their doing" is just rubbish to me. its justs obsession of that person and not love.
hehe~ otherwise known as 'obsessive-compulsive disorder' (OCD), which is extremely similar to love in some ways ('lovesickness') caused by a serotonin imbalance..... anyways, just a random article i remember reading ^^''

i totally agree with the majority of what you say love is :D... but i still don't think love would actually go to the extent that you'd kill yourself for their happiness, not in most relationships i kno atleast

and... to reply the post, u'd probably be liking someone if you start thinking about that person more often than others (not 24/7! or u'll be suffering OCD :D), wonder when you would see them next or be able to talk to them (which probably have been said, and also rejected ^^''), anything further u realli should feel the attraction ^^''

Last edited:

ladyknight

HSC
Zefie said:
This crazy thing called 'love' drives me absolutely insane.
Yeah I know! That hollywood blanket idea makes me hysterical- like you'd see someone across the room, sound just automatically dissappears, people freeze, and you just oh-so-magically fall into the persons arms, knowing (of course) that you were destined To Be, while soft romantic music comes on??? Ah... (wipes away tear)

Nah seriously, I really beleive that love is simply... recognising the other person in yourself, like somehow on a higher level you click, you just complement eachother and have a relationship on a higher mental and almost spiritual level...

Jeez I'm getting squishy here. In the meantime try not to worry about 'The One'- the world's a playground, and how you gonna know before you put your real self out there and sample the buffet? :rolleyes:

bettini

HSC
for me.. i usually have a crush on a guy.. and then i'll stop liking them.. and later on.. i'll find out that they liked me too... but now... iunno.. i like ppl.. but i have NO idea if they like me too..
but sumtimes.. you can be friendly to ppl .. and they think that you like them!.. that gets annoying.. coz when they tell you.. you don't wnat to reject them or nething and make your friendship all awkward.. and if you say sumthing vague to them.. they'll think that you like em!.. omg!.. so... realtionships are screwed up no matter what =P

alby

cool duckie
HSC
at the start of my current relationship (a month or so in) i had to seriously work out if what i felt for my bf was real or not. luckily for me, once i was at this stage, there was just something that stood out (romantic and cute) the next time i saw him.

it probably depends on the situtaion/people, but if there's something that really stands out to you about them or something that they do/make you feel which's really cute/sweet/etc then i think you've got something going for you. think about it next time you see them.
hopeles5ly said:
well to me love is not a concept that you can grasp straight away, it takes years to develop. its when your practically willing to do ANYTHING for the person your with. and no i don't mean the saying i mean literally ANYTHING even to the extent where your willing to give up your own life for them. You are willing to sacrafice your own happiness for them just so that they can be happy even if that means you giving up them for another guy whom you know will make them more happy. You won't judge them despite their wrong and hurtful actions and behaviour which may have impacted on you as you know their true self. And when your willing to commit your whole life to them no matter what comes in the future.
dude, how can you say that you really know/believe this stuff when you havent even finished highschool yet?!
life ISN'T perfect and neither is love. you cant say that love has to be everything they show in fairytales and movies, because its pretty darn obvious that what they portray is OVER exaggerated.

i believe in love and all that sort of stuff, but sorry to burst your bubble mate....get a life!

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
you can definitely feel it if you like someone coz you can't stop thinking about them and you miss them like crazy. The worse thing is that just when you start getting over them, you find out they really like you back as well.
Omg.. I totally agree Bettini,.. relationships are just all screwed up no matter what!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)