How do you make an interview longer than one question? :s (1 Viewer)

Jessisbored

HSC
I'm starting to write my interviews but I don't know what questions to ask...

for example this isnt my topic but if it was like problems in adolescence...then all i can thjink of asking is...:What problems have you faced during adolescence?>"

I dont get it~ its one topic statement and 4000 wrds and i cant seem to find the questions to get the answers...majorly stressed!:confused: :chainsaw:

SarahMary

*Procrastination Central*
HSC
how have the problems you've faced impacted on other aspects of your life?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Jessisbored, besides from asking a direct question, you can also ask something like: "how do you counteract this adolescent problem in your life"

"Why do you think you are facing this problem? what is causing it?"

"Do you think you could have prevented this problem from happening?"

etc. Ask them "how do you feel when you are faced with this problems" use this question as your cross-cultural perspective.

Jessisbored

HSC
thankyou very very much! I appreciate it.
I'm interviewing my first important person this afternoon :)
The questions you gave are very suitable and I'm sure witht the info i get from her, I'll be able to start my body this holiday

Jessisbored

HSC
You know how a big part of an adolescents life is finding their own identity because it's a time of growth, maturity and finding out who they are and where they stand in society? Could i incorporate those types of questions with problems during this time (adolescence) when finding their own identity?

The identity topic relates to the S+C syllabus on better terms.

**My PIP topic relates to this but it has another main subject in it which makes it more interesting**

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Jessisbored
I'm starting to write my interviews but I don't know what questions to ask...

for example this isnt my topic but if it was like problems in adolescence...then all i can thjink of asking is...:What problems have you faced during adolescence?>"

I dont get it~ its one topic statement and 4000 wrds and i cant seem to find the questions to get the answers...majorly stressed!:confused: :chainsaw:
ask ppl whether they have faced a particular problem and then questions about it. ie have u been faced with the challenge of ___________ if so asnswer this questions and then write questions about stuff

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Jessisbored
You know how a big part of an adolescents life is finding their own identity because it's a time of growth, maturity and finding out who they are and where they stand in society? Could i incorporate those types of questions with problems during this time (adolescence) when finding their own identity?
Of course you can. Not all adolosence can find an identity. hence they could develop a problem.

Since I am doing Psychology this year, and have done Developmental Psychology, I can tell you what you should aim to research on.

You should aim to reseach on personality development on adolesent. such as the Identity crisis.

there are 4 main types.
1. Identity achieved - both identity and crisis and conflict are present. (meaning that the individuals have found their identities after over coming crisis and making a decision about who they are, where they stand in society...the things you've mentioned above)

2. Identity moratorium - absence of identity, and presence of crisis and conflict. (meaning they have not found there identity but has thought about it)

3. Identity foreclosure (presence of identity, but no crisis and conflict) this is like when you follow your parents footstep and not searching for your own identity, thus there is no conflic/crisis involved

4. Identity diffuson (absence of both identity and crisis and conflict).

I hope this will help you in your research. And now you can related to more Society and Culture concepts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)