How do you remember your vocab lists for each subject? (1 Viewer)

Jakespikey

HSC
We have made a vocab list in our legal studies about legal words and their meanings i have about 80 so far i typed them all up on my computer and we are told to try and remember them as best we can. How does everyone get them to sink into their heads do you all just read over them over and over and over again till it finally sticks in or do you have other methods you use?

I also have the same thing for 2 of my other subjects so it be interesting to see what methods other people use. Thankyou.

moco

HSC
hmm... there is this thing where you link the words together. like find something in common. err...i dont know...never tried it...but this is more like for remembering a list of things.....

make a song???
tried making a song with my friends out of the periodic table...hahaha...failed!

*wbg*

HSC
hey Jakespikey

for languages ( i do french, and used to do german) i just write vocab lists and do the look cover write check thing you might have done in primary school with ur spelling lists...

i know a friend who was doing legal studies and geography for the hsc and had literally pages and pages of these definitions to learn. He made flash cards with the word on the front and the definition on the back and carried them around so he could test himself on the train and whatever.. it worked for him! (though its not the best look..)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Stick posters of the vocab list around your room. thus seeing them constantly will hammer the definations into your head !

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I tried sticking post-it stickers all around my room, including the bathroom and toilet, and it worked quite well for me.

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
moco said:
make a song???
tried making a song with my friends out of the periodic table...hahaha...failed!
Ahaha, I tried doing that too! It was fun but meh, I'm pretty unmusical.
*wbg* said:
for languages ( i do french, and used to do german) i just write vocab lists and do the look cover write check thing you might have done in primary school with ur spelling lists...
Yep, works for me three.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Draw associations between different words can help too, or even picturing in your head, where possible, what the words mean/describe :) And if you're confused between two words, think of an easy way to distinguish between them. Take the example of "corrosion" and "corrasion". Last year I struggled with remembering which is which, but then I figured: corrOsion is the process where waves dissOlve materials of the coast, whereas corrAsion is the process where materiAls are being hurled at the coast and therefore gradually eats it away. See the same capitalised letters? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)