how do you save money?> (1 Viewer)

yenta

veyron <3
HSC
iambored said:
as with most of the other people, multiple accounts. i work on the basis of out of sight, out of mind. once i move the money to another account, i forget i have it.
Same here. I usually keep $200 of a week's pay for spending ($150 for fixed expenses and $50 for random things), then the rest goes to ING, however if it's a good pay week I'll use some extra money to buy periodical things like clothes and maybe a couple of splurges.

Skeeta

HSC
how much do most students make in a week??? :confused:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i put $50 a week into ING for my post uni holiday to south america/asia and the rest goes to my living expenses.

i dont spend it, because i keep the hoiday in my mind, so whenever i'm tempted i just think whether it'll be better than my holiday, and 99.9% of the time the answer is no.

any overtime or odd jobs i get paid for go straight into ING too, i'm thinking if i didn't plan or count on it then i wont miss it.

$100 a fortnight from another job is my short-term save/splurge money (hair, clothes... well that's about it :))

I dont really find it hard to save, i bought a car last year this same way. i dont know exactly how much i have accumulated so far but it should be quite a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)