how do you structure a Hamlet essay? (1 Viewer)

CKIN2U-her

HSC
N/A
i'm writing a Hamlet essay and i don't really get the structure of it. how much of the critical perspectives do we put in it and how? it'll be great if anyone couldprovide suggestions. thank you so much :)

Von-Dyke

HSC
You shouldn't focus on other perspectives heavily, they are to support YOUR OWN PERSPECTIVE. Read the rubric and the marking centre comments from previous years, the heavy use of other perspectives detracts from your own, thus losing marks.

As for structure it depends on your essay question, on a very broad question you could:

Construction - Revenge Tragedy
Content - Individual & Relationships/Spirtual-ness, Politics
Language Structure - Use of languages, esp. in soliloques.

Include those topics, use quotes to back up all your arguements.
To integrate a perspective, to reinforce your own arguements, you could say something along the lines of:

...this concept of __________ is reinforced by the proposition the Adelman puts forward in her essay __________, detracting from the idea of _________ while supporting the conclusion that the play centres on ______________

Bear in mind that its late, i haven't slept. Someone can probably offer better advice on the integration, but if your essay is soon then that might help.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I'd go:

1st Paragraph:
Thesis
Context
COnstruction

2-5:
Thematic breakdown
Critical/Personal Engagement (The question will emphasise which you should focus on. Check past HSC papers for Rosencrantz & Guildenstein and Hamlet)

6:
Conclusion
Rewording of thesis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)