How do you study for commerce (EMCT1010, ACCT1001, ECON1001)? (1 Viewer)

Quintin

HSC
ECMT: i red through my lecture notes, and then do examples which i can find answers to... especially the worked ones done in tutes

ACCT: summerise notes, then practice Q's (but i find these pretty hard because we have not really ever constructed any of these statements in class, and in that last homework set we did almost everyone, inc my tutor got the answers wrong)

ECON: no idea, i am just going to go through notes and some problems, but its hard to know what they will ask

I dont get why most of the commerce subjects dont provide past papers... it would make it so much easier to study...

Anyway if anyone has some recommendations esp from 2nd yr onwards it'd be appreciated...

Cheers

Q

dark_wolv

The Member
HSC
Quintin said:
I dont get why most of the commerce subjects dont provide past papers... it would make it so much easier to study...Q

thats the case with nearly every degree.i think they want us to fail so they can get more money lolz. as for study recommendations... i don know just do the best i guess

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
econ is a little impossible to study for cos there is this huge gap between understanding the notes and answering a question :( . Usually needs some thorough reading to understand the intuition behind the theory. ironic how a subject that is meant to be so intuitive is so difficult :mad:

Acct is so methodical and easy to study for though. Read lec notes before lec, go to lec, make some notes in lec on the slides, read relevant chapter, make notes for the week's topic, do HW. Done.

sarevok

HSC
acct: read lec notes and do homework. read textbook if you want to but i wouldn't say that's 100% necessary; you can cram the theory a couple of days leading up to an exam

ecmt: lots and lots of practice questions.

econ: don't know. i studied bloody hard for both econ 1 + 2 and only ended up with credits for both. it seems to rely more on intuition and natural understanding than it does study (which is tough if you're a hard worker but not bright, like me)

pete_mate

HSC
untame_tiger said:
Its first year Uni... I dont think you should study at all :)

haha, transfers are the goal.

hell, at least, if i find unsw is alot better i dont want my uai reduced by low-passes that i cant even transfer to.

let alone law or some other wank

sk8ie_boi

peaker
HSC
My advise is "go to class!!" lol I meant, lectures and tuts .. lol I've learnt my lesson ..

Wolfowitz

, now also hated by Jews!
HSC
Quintin said:
ECMT: i red through my lecture notes, and then do examples which i can find answers to... especially the worked ones done in tutes

ACCT: summerise notes, then practice Q's (but i find these pretty hard because we have not really ever constructed any of these statements in class, and in that last homework set we did almost everyone, inc my tutor got the answers wrong)

ECON: no idea, i am just going to go through notes and some problems, but its hard to know what they will ask

I dont get why most of the commerce subjects dont provide past papers... it would make it so much easier to study...

Anyway if anyone has some recommendations esp from 2nd yr onwards it'd be appreciated...

Cheers

Q
Ahaha, you go to Drews. Suffer, adlay.

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Speaking of which, do you guys know if we can get past papers from Fisher or from somewhere else, or is this not allowed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)