How do you study for English ? (1 Viewer)

Simorgh

HSC
^ Just how?

Also like when you don't have any English exams coming up?

Last edited:

keepLooking

HSC
Formulate questions for yourself based on the syllabus.
Then write essays according to the questions weekly and hand them in to your teachers for them to mark.
Read the feedback from your teachers and keep improving.
Rinse and repeat.

This is what I didn't do and hence I stuffed up English.

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Staying up way later than I should, reading over my quotes, with the occasional nervous breakdown

Simorgh

HSC
English is really starting to become a pain! Such an annoying subject, not even joking... :(

Tonic Note

HSC
N/A
English sucks, memorize quotes, that is all.

Last edited:

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Formulate questions for yourself based on the syllabus.
Then write essays according to the questions weekly and hand them in to your teachers for them to mark.
Read the feedback from your teachers and keep improving.
Rinse and repeat.

This is what I didn't do and hence I stuffed up English.
diss one

practice unseen texts constantly

it's a bit harder to do past papers because the syllabus has changed but find what you can on the internet and also get your teacher to give you guys some practice questions on the regular

continuously go over and perfect your essays that you plan on altering and taking into the HSC

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
English is cancer. Frank Hurley does my fucking head in. Makes me hate AOS because of it. And English was my fav subject before this - I love Mod B

Maraos

HSC
I usually create a word document containing all of the features of the novel or play that you are studying, throughout the reading of the play i jot down notes and them compile them into one big document. I usually include things like; Characterisation, Symbols and motifs and quotes. I find it to be really helpful resource when you get to the practise essay writing stage as you eventually have a huge stockpile of notes that you can extract from and formulate really well written essays. Also the notes are from you and by you, so it reinforces your memory of certain events and quotes.

GL!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)