how do you study? study techniques?? (1 Viewer)

tjhunt11

HSC
Ok so im just wondering how you guy study, like do you right out your notes once and then read them over and over? i mean whats your most effective way of study? :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Different study techniques work for different people, find out which study method has best suited you over the years. For maths the best thing to do is to work through as much questions as possible, (ie. textbooks, past papers). This helps to implant the concept and understand it in your head. In English practise writing essays and develop writing skills.

For the rest of your subjects you can try just spending 5-10 minutes reviewing what you learnt in the last lesson and then making a summary sheet ticking off syllabus dot points as you go along. Alternatively some people find it effective to study in a group, so grab a few friends and test each other after each topic.

I found an article the other day with a list of different types of learners.

Visual learners: Visual learners learn by written text, they are usually good at reading.

Auditory learners: Learn by listening and like to talk instead of write.

Kinesthetic learners: Learn by doing it physically.

I am more of an auditory and visual learner. I also find that I learn while helping others.

Last edited:

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Different study techniques work for different people, find out which study method has best suited you over the years. For maths the best thing to do is to work through as much questions as possible, (ie. textbooks, past papers). This helps to implant the concept and understand it in your head.
^^That.

suling

HSC
PAST PAPERS!!

Seriously, do whatever you can get your hands on. Get your teachers to mark. =)

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
i studied basically everything using the age-old study method of read something -> cover it up -> repeat what you can remember/'explain' it to something -> check. worked pretty well for me ^^ and because my subjects were all essay-based, writing lots and lots and lots and LOTS of essays.

determine

Premium Member
HSC
i studied basically everything using the age-old study method of read something -> cover it up -> repeat what you can remember/'explain' it to something -> check. worked pretty well for me ^^ and because my subjects were all essay-based, writing lots and lots and lots and LOTS of essays.
OMG! That is virtually exactly what I did too! hahahah. Very effective. :)

HSC
yea srsly just get out a book or notes and read it, then re-read/highlight/memorise the key information/points. Eventually it'll become second nature to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)