how do you tell a guy you like them (1 Viewer)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Trippendicular said:
Girls like guys who know the difference between 'to' and 'too'
and it's a good idea to use 'to' more often than 'too' if you have to choose one of them

I can also tell you what not to do: Don't ignore people because after enough time most will play the game right back at you and ignore you too. They'll think you don't like them.

HSC
yeh but im sick too death of being ignored, and wasting my attention on her so i just totally ignore her and she starts talking. maybe its her game seeing who has enough self confidence in themselves

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Oh for fucks sake, go back to year 3 Casmira.

There you'll learn that dinosaurs actually did exist, and that too is only used in the context "me too", or "we brought chips too" or "waf's penis is too big" etc.

HSC
too, to, too, tooo, tooo toooo

come on waf, i thought we had something special

Leggy McLegs

HSC
Lainee said:
I'm a total wimp about this business. I have a little crush on this guy who I've talked to a few times, but ever since I realised I was seriously crushing on him I haven't been able to look at him in the face... I think he thinks I don't remember who he is. Mental debate: "Do I stand a chance? Noooo, he's way too cool. But what if he likes me too? Oh my God, but what if he doesn't? Do I stand a chance...?" And it starts from the beginning again.

Ay, I'm such a wimp. How do you get past a rejection though, I'd feel so worthless (not pretty enough, not smart/funny/cool enough). I just can't deal with it like "okay, so he wasn't for me, move onto better things."

Well... he does have a hot ass. But that's like... sexual assault.

Problem is, I've been ignoring him for so long (see part where I said I can't look at his face) that I don't know how to suddenly talk to him anymore.

Doesn't help that he's aways around some attractive girls... I don't think I'm ugly, but it brings out the worst of insecurities in me: I start telling myself "I'll lose a few kgs and then I'll approach him" or "I look like hell today, I'll see if I can talk to him tomorrow"... tell me I'm crazy.
Hey! This is MY story! EXACTLY!!! All the thoughts and feelings and the ignoring and stuff.....

I've been through all this, and I'm still trying to pluck up the courage to tell the guy that I have a crush on him. Problem is, I've only seen him around thrice this year (two of those times I had lost my voice and all I could say was "hey" (I sounded terrible) and the third time we played the "ignoring/I don't see you" game, and "you're too far away from me for us to have a chat").

The fact that he is so hot and I want to jump on him every time I see him doesn't help. I'll be sure to do something next time I see him and I am able to talk to him. I can't take it anymore (seriously, I'm about to explode (and not in the dirty bos way)).

Ellie_Belly

HSC
Shell said:
umm... i just tell someone that i like them. I dunno about anyone else, but i hate agonising over whether he likes me back blah blah. just telling them gets it all off your chest, then its a win win. if they dont like you back, well too bad, but at least you know, and that you don't go on living never knowing what could have been. then theres the other way, where he likes you back!! personally, i just see that as a bonus. i actually LIKE telling people that i like them. regardless of what they think
:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

She speaketh the truth.
Just do it.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
ur_inner_child said:
Moral of the story is, have some guts and tell him. Seriously 5 years on and you tell him "did you know i use to have a crush on you?" and he'd go "SERIOUS?!?! OMG i did tooo!"

you would fucking kick yourself.
oh oh yeah

that sucks :(

especially when you're both in relationships and can't do anything about it. but you should have.

so yeah, just have the guts to go up to them and say something about it.

niteshade1312

HSC
I'm actually contemplating telling a guy that I like him, the problem with this is that we have been friends for quite a while and I will be risking a really fun friendship.. I hate this!

From everything so far, I can tell he likes me, but then again I'm usually fairly off with these things.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
It doesn't always kill the friendship, a lot of the time its just awkward for a few days then goes back to normal.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
Pierotte said:
Hahah i suck at doing so.

Last time went like this:

I very seriously went up to the guy and go "I have to speak to you" He smiled, so annoyed i dragged him outside.

I then just paused for ages

He was just staring at me.

Then i just go "Well, you know.. and DO I HAVE TO SPELL IT OUT!!??"

Him "Hahah! Yeah, i like you too"

Luckily he spoke retard and was patient.

If i were to go about it again i know i say id try be more forward... but well i dunno. I suck at expressing how i feel in words. That teamed up with a fear of rejection.. ugh!
Then again its not very often that u have to actully tell the guy how you feel, usually the feelings mutual and it just eventuates. Thank goodness!!

Wow.. such anti help.
lol so what happened after that? i imagine it would just be like "OH! umm cool!!..." *really awkward silence. "so...., like can i go back inside now?"

or did you sex him?

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
What are the chances that the guy will actually say he likes you as well?
Writing a ote is always a good idea. If he doesn't like you back you can just go"Wtf? What note? I have no idea what you are talking about! ME like YOU? Haha you wish!"

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Over the phone or msn would probably be good forum for it.

Its non face to face so you will probably be more open/relaxed with each other.

Oh and perceptive guys can pick the hints, confirmation of the hints is recieved via some subtle machinations in conversation that you barely notice and now the ball is in our court - do we like you? Assuming we bothered to speculate/investigate if you liked us chances are a yes.

Having said this hints dont always work - so be blunt, tell them you like them. You cant win unless you throw your hat in the ring etc etc etc.

The absolute worst that can happen is that you are rejected which means that you dont move up. You dont move back either though rejection is merely a continuance of the status quo. So you loose nothing by having a crack.

litany

Helpfool
HSC
loquasagacious said:
Over the phone or msn would probably be good forum for it.

Its non face to face so you will probably be more open/relaxed with each other.

Oh and perceptive guys can pick the hints, confirmation of the hints is recieved via some subtle machinations in conversation that you barely notice and now the ball is in our court - do we like you? Assuming we bothered to speculate/investigate if you liked us chances are a yes.

Having said this hints dont always work - so be blunt, tell them you like them. You cant win unless you throw your hat in the ring etc etc etc.

The absolute worst that can happen is that you are rejected which means that you dont move up. You dont move back either though rejection is merely a continuance of the status quo. So you loose nothing by having a crack.
Personally I would rather real life, or phone if you really can't talk to them in real life. There's just so much that can't be conveyed through the net or the phone, and it sort of demeans the whole thing (at least in my opinion) when someone hides behind the net or the phone and asks someone out.

Basically, if you're not going to ask them out via real life (or phone if you have to) then I suggest you don't ask them out at all.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
kathelle said:
A note is proof!! NEVER!!

Best way is to get slightly intoxicated and go make a move ;) That way you can blame it on the alcohol if he bars you, because you obviously didn't mean it, it was just the alcohol talking.
except that everyone knows that the truth comes out when you drink....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)