How do you understand what on earth is going on in short answer extracts (1 Viewer)

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
In the short answer response section in the paper 1 section of AOS, how r u supposed to fully understand what on earth is going on in the unseen texts, especially during the time pressure?

I'm currently reading an extract but am losing track of what's going on in the extract. Plz help :/

jkhoo

HSC
Counter-intuitive answer (and just an opinion) - you don't need to fully understand everything in the unseen texts. You just need what's relevant to the question.

I would recommend you read the question and understand what it asks you. Then, skim the passage for any piece of evidence that has a technique and an effect which you can link back to the issues raised in the question AND to the concept of discovery. You can BS it!

If you have no idea about what's going on, remember that a text is created to convey a message. The specific content of the text is almost irrelevant; what is important is the composer's opinion. Look beyond the literal and into the composer's intentions! Always ask: why? and how?

:)

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
exactly

1. answer question as much as you want, expand on it until you feel like its enough
2. spam techniques if needed according to marks
3. just bs and sound smart. if your analysis makes sense, and the meaning derived from the analysis also makes sense, then you're boudn to get marks.

i barely understood 2 of my prescribed text and i managed to get a 14/15 for aos comprehension, by pure bullshitting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)